Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: File Hosting Websites  (Read 10701 times)
roger
Ruler of the Seven Seas

Dick Destiny, Ambassador to the Planet JamesA!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 12:15:09 PM »

well, for someone like me, who is on not-very-broad-band, myspace profiles tend to be so huge with pictures, and links, and other fol-de-rol, that it takes several minutes for the music player to load.  and by then, I'm gone...

even my name is mostly pROG.  But I'm ⓝⓞⓣⒷⒶⓇⓇⓎ
Pedro
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 12:19:32 PM »

The trouble with bandcamp (I find) is that you cannot upload mp3, only the huge wav or flac files.
I fully understand the reasons but, when you only have an mp3 version and you have to convert it "up" to wav and then watch the upload repeatedly fail because your link is too slow.... Angry

Mouse
Neptune

Musical Rodent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2010, 12:39:40 PM »

I agree, I thought it was a little odd for them to only accept lossless audio files. I suppose that's what they need to offer their 'download any file format' service - they need the biggest one to be able to compress and convert down to MP3s etc. so that the files you can download still retain good quality.

But I think there should be an option to just upload an MP3 and bypass that multiple format download business. Such a range of files may be convinient for the listener/consumer, but it may not be so convinient, as in Pedro's case, for the artist.

Pedro, I suppose this was one of the first things you covered, but I don't suppose you have the original session file, do you? Could you export a WAV from that original?

'Horses never forget. That's why they're called "nature's elephants".'

http://mouseholemusic.blogspot.com/
http://soundcloud.com/themousehole
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: