Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 115
Print
Author Topic: HOUSE OF PROGRESSION SHOWS.  (Read 327063 times)
A James
Santa's Little Spambot
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #495 on: October 12, 2011, 12:22:45 PM »

My car won't be ready until Friday now, so I will have to miss this  Angry

Twang
Shark

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 12, 2011, 02:38:01 PM »

Twang, can you give Concrete Lake one of the many flyers I left there? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease? Oh, and tell them how brilliant I am.  Grin

It will be a pleasure an do sod an honour to so xx Grin
Mouse
Neptune

Musical Rodent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #497 on: October 12, 2011, 05:53:38 PM »

Twang, can you give Concrete Lake one of the many flyers I left there? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease? Oh, and tell them how brilliant I am.  Grin

I'm sure that James H will also big up da Merch Desk scene.  Wink

And tell them to join the forum!

'Horses never forget. That's why they're called "nature's elephants".'

http://mouseholemusic.blogspot.com/
http://soundcloud.com/themousehole
Nellie
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #498 on: October 13, 2011, 09:05:21 AM »

What does this sentence mean? Cheesy Thanks though, I think  Wink

A James
Santa's Little Spambot
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #499 on: October 13, 2011, 09:11:10 AM »

Ask Peat.

Twang
Shark

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 13, 2011, 12:22:44 PM »

What does this sentence mean? Cheesy Thanks though, I think  Wink

I meant 'It will be an honour .....oh you know.... Grin
Briefly Icky Giantess
Ruler of the Seven Seas

Truly, madly, progly

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 13, 2011, 12:32:29 PM »

Maybe, but it wasn't very nice to call my friend Nellie a sod.

I used to have a bigger sig but Robert kept moaning about it so I have been reduced to this now. Sad
James_H
Siamese Fighting Fish

James H - The mini-spambot.

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 14, 2011, 12:00:13 AM »

Well, that was a great night. First we had Andy Tillison's solo set- by his own admission completely unrehearsed!

We got "A Tale of Two Souls" followed by a cover of a Howard Jones song (yeah really), and then a very interesting spacey/ ambient thing which Andy said was a Tangerine Dream rip-off. "Phaedra 2" or something? Really cool anyway.

Then it was Quantum Sphere. Hmm. As with a few Summer's End bands, not really for me- but seemed to be good at what they did. If this helps anyone imagine them, they played a medley of Meshuggah songs at the end, and they sounded exactly the same as their own stuff.

The problem for me was just that it was 45 minutes of solid metal riffing, no variety at all, no light and shade, just RAAHHHHHH.

By contrast, Concrete Lake know exactly when to switch things up. By turns loud, quiet, heavy riffing, funky grooves- no one section ever outstays its welcome. They have riffs which are just as heavy as Quantum Sphere's, but the quieter bits in-between make them all the more effective.

The set was largely the same as Summers End, although a couple of their own songs were swapped out for firstly their cover of PT's "Open Car" and then a Guthrie Govern track, which was good fun but so different to the rest of the set as to be slightly out of place.

The reception was also just as good as at SE, albeit from a crowd of no more than 30- a bit of a shame but no matter, I think we'll be seeing a lot  more of these guys in the future.

be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

http://giggingforever.blogspot.co.uk/
http://flyingallnight.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.facebook.com/giggingforever
Mouse
Neptune

Musical Rodent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #503 on: October 14, 2011, 05:50:29 AM »

Nice write up, James. Good to know that CL's Summer's End moment wasn't a flash in the pan.

'Horses never forget. That's why they're called "nature's elephants".'

http://mouseholemusic.blogspot.com/
http://soundcloud.com/themousehole
A James
Santa's Little Spambot
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #504 on: October 14, 2011, 05:52:43 AM »

I remember their cover of Open Car from Matt Fest 2 - even more reason to be annoyed I missed them last night.

Purrdey
Seel-o-canth

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 14, 2011, 07:51:09 AM »

Sorry I missed it last night, also missed Iona. After SE then back to 3 days of interviews and stuff I needed to recharge for this weekend's Touchstone, The Enid and the drive to Birmingham and then a day with the great explorer after I pick him up from Heathrow.

I'm sure there will be plenty more chances to see CL.
Twang
Shark

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 24, 2011, 02:17:46 PM »

Hi all,

Happy Monday, I hope! Well, I hope this cheers you all up.

SATURDAY 14th JAN 2012

JAN FOURTEEN and the CRYPTIC CLUES: Live at the Target: Live at the Peel

Almost exactly 31 years ago, a famous Reading-based progressive rock band recorded a ground-breaking live instrumental album in a small pub venue in the Home Counties… and, in 2012 they will re-create the sights and sound of 1981 by performing tracks from this album, live, for one night only at the Peel.

This unique, one-off concert is being held on Saturday 14th Jan 2012. Other music will be played, and that's fact, not fiction. Refreshments will be available. Advance tickets are £14. Don't miss it!

SATURDAY 7th APRIL 2012 (£12.00 Advance)

THRESHOLD ANNOUNCE ALBUM PRE-RELEASE SHOWS

British progressive metallers THRESHOLD will perform a handful of pre-release shows in April 2012 to promote their forthcoming album. The band will play a set featuring songs from the new album which is due for release through Nuclear Blast Records in 2012.

07/04/2012 House of Progression, Kingston, England

11/04/2012-14/04/2012  Europe

THRESHOLD are currently at Thin Ice Studios (DRAGONFORCE, PENDRAGON) in Surrey, England recording their ninth studio album. The new album sees the return of original THRESHOLD vocalist Damian Wilson (HEADSPACE, STAR ONE) who rejoined the band in 2007 following the departure of Andrew 'Mac' McDermott who sadly passed away on 3 August.

THRESHOLD's previous studio album "Dead Reckoning" was released in 2007 and featured guest vocals by Dan Swanö (NIGHTINGALE, BLOODBATH). The album entered the charts at position 64 in Germany, 95 in The Netherlands and 37 in the UK rock chart.

THRESHOLD will release their new album through Nuclear Blast Records in 2012.

Threshold official website:

www.thresh.net

This Friday at The Peel ALSO EDEN (Album launch party & MORPHEUS RISING

Have a good week.

RobH
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #507 on: October 24, 2011, 03:47:22 PM »

JAN FOURTEEN and the CRYPTIC CLUES Strange name for a band.  Perhaps they'd be better playing a few days earlier? 

Now, if I can buy tickets - if anyone at the Peel knows where they are - I'll get some for these two plus Panic Room.

Twang
Shark

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 24, 2011, 04:16:16 PM »

JAN FOURTEEN and the CRYPTIC CLUES Strange name for a band.  Perhaps they'd be better playing a few days earlier? 

Now, if I can buy tickets - if anyone at the Peel knows where they are - I'll get some for these two plus Panic Room.

Well, I think you all know it's Twelfth Night doing the Live at the Target album in it's entire glory. Plus special guest musicians that will be announced at the bands discretion.

Live at the Target is due for a major re release/remaster/extra tracks edition, expected release 6/1/12 Twelfth Night!!
RobH
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #509 on: October 24, 2011, 04:48:49 PM »

Is 12th night the 5th or 6th of January?

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 115
Print
Jump to: