Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 115
Print
Author Topic: HOUSE OF PROGRESSION SHOWS.  (Read 287157 times)
The Naughty Sorceress
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #750 on: January 28, 2012, 08:51:26 PM »

IQ have already rehearsed that.
They can play whatever they like because they are lovely.

It is the business of the panda to be dangerous: http://theasigma.wordpress.com/
RobH
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #751 on: January 28, 2012, 08:52:11 PM »

Let's ask JJ.

Briefly Icky Giantess
Ruler of the Seven Seas

Truly, madly, progly

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: January 28, 2012, 08:55:27 PM »

He's not with IQ any more.

I used to have a bigger sig but Robert kept moaning about it so I have been reduced to this now. Sad
A James
Santa's Little Spambot
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #753 on: January 28, 2012, 09:10:39 PM »

Precisely.

Ash
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile
« Reply #754 on: January 29, 2012, 06:07:44 AM »

Shocked

Did you show them your ID?

you can only get in if you are showing ID and are underage - course it may have changed in the past 25 years....

Sarah xxx<br /><br />\\\"Quick - where are the iron-on sausages?\\\"
ursula
Sea Witch
Mods
Seel-o-canth

View Profile WWW
« Reply #755 on: January 29, 2012, 08:43:49 AM »

I don't think I want to be associated with the hippodrome in Kingston, I'm not that sort of girl.  Well actually I was that sort of girl, when I lived in Croydon  Roll Eyes

I too am hoping its shaken off a lot of its earlier clientèle  Smiley ..... perfectly possible ....haven't hung around in central Kingston after dark for at least 12 years!!!  Lips sealed

'The most courageous decision you make each day is the decision to be in a good mood.' Voltaire

http://plate-spinning-mama.blogspot.co.uk/
A James
Santa's Little Spambot
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #756 on: January 29, 2012, 09:08:30 AM »

It's going to be...different - like going from The Marquee to the Astoria...

Pedro
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile
« Reply #757 on: January 29, 2012, 09:22:45 AM »

Hmm...so is it going to be another one of those places where Prog only exists before 10pm and has a silly curfew because it becomes a club?

Bert
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #758 on: January 29, 2012, 10:05:50 AM »

At least there'll be time to get a curry after.  Grin

I've booked my rooms. Dunno why, I don't really like IQ. Hoping there'll be some decent support to make up for it and some people to hang out with. It'll be laugh anyway.
James_H
Siamese Fighting Fish

James H - The mini-spambot.

View Profile
« Reply #759 on: January 29, 2012, 10:55:39 AM »

Hmm...so is it going to be another one of those places where Prog only exists before 10pm and has a silly curfew because it becomes a club?

Twang said he was trying to negotiate to have it finish at proper gig closing time.

But still- since the whole thing kicks off at 2pm I reckon there'll be plenty of time for everyone to get a full length slot AND nobody will have to bribe food establishments to stay open late for us afterwards.

be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

http://giggingforever.blogspot.co.uk/
http://flyingallnight.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.facebook.com/giggingforever
Twang
Shark

View Profile
« Reply #760 on: January 29, 2012, 12:50:52 PM »

Now featuring TINYFISH, DEC BURKE, THE TANGENT + 2 ACTS TBA Grin

It's called HOUSE OF PROGRESSIONS'S CELEBRATION FEST.

The fest is all about celebrating the bands who re launched Prog in the 80's & the bands that take it further today!

I wanted a Prog fest that did not compromise. No fillers all Killers.

Limited Early bird tickets will be on sale at The Peel's PALLAS show.
(£50.00 weekend early birds) Cash only on the Pallas show)

On line tickets on sale 27th FEB. Details very soon.

I am working on the curfew but please all understand I can't put these bands on at The Peel. Frost* taught me that with certain artists I have to think of the comfort of the most important people on the planet, you the audience!

Doors will be at 2.00pm. So if I Lose the curfew battle we'll still have over 7 hours or so of pure brilliant music!!
Twang
Shark

View Profile
« Reply #761 on: January 29, 2012, 12:58:23 PM »

Oh the Hippodrome is a venue.... Bands that have played there Kasabian, The Specials, The Strokes, Enter Shikari did the album launch to 1,400 people You me at Six massive Reading Leeds Fest warm ups, loads of U.S. Ska & punk bands.

Kingston is changing and going more for performance based entertainment rather than the clubbing.
The Naughty Sorceress
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #762 on: January 29, 2012, 01:20:56 PM »

Now featuring TINYFISH, DEC BURKE, THE TANGENT + 2 ACTS TBA Grin

Are the other two acts going to be rubbish? Because all this giddy is making me tired! 

It is the business of the panda to be dangerous: http://theasigma.wordpress.com/
Pedro
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile
« Reply #763 on: January 29, 2012, 01:21:14 PM »

Sounds awesome mate. There's nothing wrong with a curfew in and of itself, as others have said it allows more time for social stuff, last trains, etc.
The key will be making it start on time without the rock'n'roll delays. I've seen a few encores get nixed by curfews, if this doesn't happen (and no-one truss to say 60 minutes is a"full set" then it will be fine.
Looking forward to hearing more details. Can't get to the Pallas gig.

Twang
Shark

View Profile
« Reply #764 on: January 29, 2012, 01:28:55 PM »

Sounds awesome mate. There's nothing wrong with a curfew in and of itself, as others have said it allows more time for social stuff, last trains, etc.
The key will be making it start on time without the rock'n'roll delays. I've seen a few encores get nixed by curfews, if this doesn't happen (and no-one truss to say 60 minutes is a"full set" then it will be fine.
Looking forward to hearing more details. Can't get to the Pallas gig.

That's why it's 4 bands per day. Any more and it'll be a nightmare. I will have a stage manager too.

Although this is not set in stone yet I many have an acoustic stage timed whilst changeovers are taking place on the main stage.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 115
Print
Jump to: