Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 115
Print
Author Topic: HOUSE OF PROGRESSION SHOWS.  (Read 306773 times)
Twang
Shark

View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: May 19, 2012, 11:04:04 AM »

I'm staying at Chessington this time.

Yee Gods man that's where I live.....................Second cage on the left just passed the Tigers................No, that's the Penguins you've gone too far!! Grin
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 09:42:22 AM by Robert » Logged
Briefly Icky Giantess
Ruler of the Seven Seas

Truly, madly, progly

View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: May 19, 2012, 11:05:11 AM »

Leaving soon and collecting a new car on the way - hope I get there!

I used to have a bigger sig but Robert kept moaning about it so I have been reduced to this now. Sad
Uncle Bulgaria
Neptune

View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: May 19, 2012, 02:42:28 PM »

Well I'm just going to change into a nice shirt for the opera.

Have fun kids, and play nice (that means you too James - not too much winding Thea up)  Grin

There's things I haven't told you - I go out late at night

https://attitudebadger.wordpress.com/
A James
Santa's Little Spambot
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1263 on: May 19, 2012, 03:20:09 PM »

I wish...can't get along because I have the children this weekend...

RobH
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1264 on: May 19, 2012, 03:56:37 PM »

I'm sure it will be really good.  I'm off to the fasr west (of Bristol).

Trace
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: May 19, 2012, 11:30:38 PM »

And it was the far west of Bristol all right.
Ash
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: May 19, 2012, 11:52:35 PM »

It was good, not as good as the last time I  saw Menel at the Peel but that was probably cos it was half empty due to some football match or something  Roll Eyes

I must say Thea looked lovely.  My husband and his mate both thought you are v pretty.

Sarah xxx<br /><br />\\\"Quick - where are the iron-on sausages?\\\"
RobH
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1267 on: May 20, 2012, 09:58:35 AM »

And it was the far west of Bristol all right.

But it wasn't too difficult to get to...

I'm glad those that went had a good rime at the Peel.

The Naughty Sorceress
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1268 on: May 20, 2012, 07:59:51 PM »

It was good, not as good as the last time I  saw Menel at the Peel but that was probably cos it was half empty due to some football match or something  Roll Eyes

I must say Thea looked lovely.  My husband and his mate both thought you are v pretty.
That was before Menel turned up in a better corset and frills outfit!  Cheesy

My nice gentleman friend missed half the gig due to the soccer shenanigans - I had far too much giddy  Grin

It is the business of the panda to be dangerous: http://theasigma.wordpress.com/
RobH
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1269 on: May 21, 2012, 06:09:46 AM »

Things change...  I've been the Peel 3 times this year, with two more planned.  It does feel like the beginning of the end for the place.

Ash
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: May 21, 2012, 11:23:03 AM »

I think the main problem on Sat was the lack of staff.  Somebody wanted to buy tickets for Twelfth Night but they were told they couldn't as they only had 2 bar staff so couldn't sell tickets.

Not to mention the white and lighting is horrid.

Sarah xxx<br /><br />\\\"Quick - where are the iron-on sausages?\\\"
Twang
Shark

View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: May 21, 2012, 11:36:02 AM »

Things change...  I've been the Peel 3 times this year, with two more planned.  It does feel like the beginning of the end for the place.

Let me know why you think beginning of the end for the place. I ask because I have been  thinking that since I've left certain things have changed. People can't get tickets as easily as before. I seriously want to know everyone's thoughts.
AmazingWilf
Neptune

Bad Elephant Music - you know it makes sense.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1272 on: May 21, 2012, 12:04:29 PM »

My main observation is that the new decor is horrid. Sorry - there's no other word to describe it - it doesn't feel like a cosy little gig any more, and it's a real shame.

David 'Wilf' Elliott
Listen to
The European Perspective...the only progressive rock radio show made with the goodness of analogue cheese
Robert
Chief Audience Frightener
Administrator
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1273 on: May 21, 2012, 12:21:35 PM »

That's certainly the first thing you notice. It looks revolting. They probably saw an old video of "The White Room" and thought "that's a good idea".

"I'm just an angry wig on a stick." - Thea
Twang
Shark

View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: May 21, 2012, 12:24:55 PM »

My main observation is that the new decor is horrid. Sorry - there's no other word to describe it - it doesn't feel like a cosy little gig any more, and it's a real shame.

I feel the pain. It had nothing to do with me. It does indeed come across as clinical. It will work with Twelfth Night as the idea is to have full on projections which will be ideal.

I want to put projections for all shows but it means me buying all the kit. It's just me doing this so, I have to find the cash to live and get things sorted.

I just wished they'd left the stage black & put the lighting effects & laser back. You are not alone in this I've bumped into loads of other bands I worked well with when I worked there and they all say the same. In fact a few bands don't want to play there, which I find sad.

There is a whole story but it's not my place to discuss it on here.

I have been approached about shows at The Borderline, bands are asking me to sort the shows, also last night at It Bites was a real eyeopener. Bush Hall is a gorgeous venue and the staff were very friendly and encouraging about the possibilities of doing shows there.

It is vital that you let me know your thoughts. The House of Progression is all about putting on top shows that have the public gig experience in mind!!!

It's my living now after what happened last year. I need to know your thoughts so I can put anything right. I've sacrificed so much to do this, I'm not stopping now!!
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 115
Print
Jump to: