Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 115
Print
Author Topic: HOUSE OF PROGRESSION SHOWS.  (Read 255620 times)
A James
Santa's Little Spambot
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1350 on: June 03, 2012, 11:56:21 AM »

Which just leaves a white building which no-one likes...

Mouse
Neptune

Musical Rodent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1351 on: June 03, 2012, 12:50:21 PM »

The times they are a changin'.  Undecided

'Horses never forget. That's why they're called "nature's elephants".'

http://mouseholemusic.blogspot.com/
http://soundcloud.com/themousehole
A James
Santa's Little Spambot
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1352 on: June 04, 2012, 10:49:02 AM »

So George is moving out and it sounds as though someone is going to change the name of the venue to 1939's Peel or something...

RobH
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1353 on: June 04, 2012, 03:21:28 PM »

It's sad, but after talking to George, I can understand why George is leaving.

Twang
Shark

View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: June 06, 2012, 10:17:52 AM »

So George is moving out and it sounds as though someone is going to change the name of the venue to 1939's Peel or something...

They can call it what they want. It's The Peel, people know it as that. It's another Hammy O debate. lol!
A James
Santa's Little Spambot
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1355 on: June 06, 2012, 10:43:55 AM »

I think people are starting to call it 'the place we used to go to'...

Uncle Bulgaria
Neptune

View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: June 06, 2012, 10:48:59 AM »

I certainly am. with Ozrics and O5ric in close succession Clwb Ifor Bach is the now prog palace.

There's things I haven't told you - I go out late at night

https://attitudebadger.wordpress.com/
RobH
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1357 on: June 06, 2012, 11:22:45 AM »

I think people are starting to call it 'the place we used to go to'...
Yes

Twang
Shark

View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: July 14, 2012, 02:34:06 PM »

Ok Here we go. I think we all need to think of House of Progression as a known name where you can see great Progressive Music. No longer just attached to The Peel. It started the ride but it's now a Journey.

Celebr8 Fest was a test to see if I could get out of my comfort zone, OK the sensible thing would have been to just move the venue and not take on a monumental task. I have never been that sensible, it's not fun enough.

Every one doubted Celebr8 would work, the venue, Banquet records (who put on Lost Prophets, Enter Shikari, You Me at 6 an all the other fodder kids love these days. There was even doubt from many on here. But with the tireless Celebr8 team of Geoff, Nellie, Bob, Vit P, Simon G & a host of others who, if I listed the World would end before you read it all, I knew I was in good company!

Well it shut up the doubters & Jon Tolley from Banquet, the boss in fact, told me Geoff and I had earned a huge amount of respect from the Kingston music Cool crew. Nothing like that had ever been attempted in Kingston let alone pull it off. Kingston was a buzz with speculation of what was occurring.

This was THANKS to the hordes of fans with different T-Shirts & accents from all over the UK, Europe, U.S., Japan and central Scunthorpe. Kingston definitely had a better class of people last weekend!  Grin

It's funny that I'm being asked to work on certain projects. I was in London on Thursday to sort the business end of he Frost* Bites show. I was in the Crobar afterwards & Jerry Ewing who has supported me above and beyond said to me that now a lot of people are taking me very seriously.

Thre was a media criticism that the line up bar IQ was too Peel based bands. Hang on a mo there umm Celebr8?? That was kind of the point, to 'Celebrate' bands that have become family!! If I had all the bands I wanted the fest would have lasted a month. Complain about your meal breaks then. Grin Grin

Oh and guys if there was no House of Progression the bands would not have played Kingston town. Look at how far many of he bands have come. And the MOST IMPORTANT PEOPLE OF ALL!!!! YOU the fans, the people who come to the shows. The secret ingredient of course is the fact that 'we love the music'!

There are and will be shows at The Peel. But it was where H.O.P. was born. Like a child there comes a time when it has to fly the nest, and return at some points with dirty laundry and to have a major party. Grin

The Hippodrome wants us back, The Borderline wants us back, hopefully the Scala will as well.

I had a meeting on Thursday with the Unicorn in Camden, it's like the Peel was before they umm  you know. IPA is 2.80 a pint, they have a pay bands structure so entry to the public is FREE!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Cheaper beer, hundreds of regular transport links & Prog will sponsor all shows.

So check www.houseofprogression.com for all updates. Check it after 6pm today as I have more exciting up dates.

I have work to do!!

All the very, very best,

Sir Jonathan Twangage

(2 gorgeous young Rock Chicks have named me this, they want me to play a part in a period costume drama)  Cheesy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ɹǝʇsɹoɟɾɹ
Seel-o-canth

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1359 on: July 14, 2012, 02:49:08 PM »

I think some of us already summed up our response to that post, in advance, by giving you the round of applause as you entered the Druid's Head last Saturday.

Keep it up Twang-san

Rick

RobH
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1360 on: July 14, 2012, 04:03:14 PM »

I was sitting in the office getting frustrated that one of my colleagues is not ding something that (a) he is supposed to do, (b) I can't do, and (c) I need to happen for a customer.  I was contemplating suggesting the company should run customer awareness courses.

My mind then drifted back to Lord Twang of Kingston and Celebr8, and it re-enforced my though that Twang understands and empathises with his customers - by that, I mean the fans and bands.

Come the end of the year, Twang gets my vote for every appropriate category.

Twang - if there ever was an unsung here, you are it.

Purrdey
Seel-o-canth

View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: July 14, 2012, 04:24:11 PM »

I was sitting in the office getting frustrated that one of my colleagues is not ding something that (a) he is supposed to do, (b) I can't do, and (c) I need to happen for a customer.  I was contemplating suggesting the company should run customer awareness courses.

My mind then drifted back to Lord Twitch of Kingston and Celebr8, and it re-enforced my though that Twitch understands and empathises with his customers - by that, I mean the fans and bands.

Come the end of the year, Twitch gets my vote for every appropriate category.

Twitch - if there ever was an unsung here, you are it.

There, I corrected it for you.  Grin
Twang
Shark

View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: July 14, 2012, 04:25:40 PM »

Right, who threw that!! Purdey, Sarah SHUT IT!!!! Wink Wink
Purrdey
Seel-o-canth

View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: July 14, 2012, 04:27:11 PM »

Right, who threw that!! Purdey, Sarah SHUT IT!!!! Wink Wink

Sorry it's just the funniest thing I've seen all week  Cheesy Grin Tongue
Ash
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: July 14, 2012, 04:44:45 PM »

Grin

Not me Twitch, I wouldn't do such a thing...

Sarah xxx<br /><br />\\\"Quick - where are the iron-on sausages?\\\"
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 115
Print
Jump to: