Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: News From the East  (Read 1541 times)
Bert
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« on: December 03, 2013, 11:56:09 AM »

What Ho !!

Merry Xmas. Haven't posted for a while - must mean I want something eh ?

First off, I have been very busy working with a chap called Jarrod Gosling (he of I Monster/Henry Fool). We have released his "love letter to Prog" under tghe name Regal Worm. The album is called Use And Ornament. You can get it mostly from here

https://www.burningshed.com/store/progressive/product/99/5254/

Or here:-

http://regalworm.bandcamp.com/

Or on iTunes/Amazon/Spotify.

There are free tracks too, both from BS and BC for your downloading and listening pleasure.

We're looking at taking RW on the road next year, with a K-Scope signed popular beat combo ;-)

Also, I just want to say how nice it was meeting up with everyone at the Godsticks/Knifeworld gig. I'd like to do more of that.

On to more serious matters. I'm not one to get all sentimental and mawkish and neither am I prone to sharing my ups and downs. However...

As some of you may know, my son has Aspergers Syndrome. As such, he finds social interaction difficult, particularly with children and obviously, by extension, has a really hard time at school.

What is required most of all for Aspergers children in particular is tolerance of their differences from teachers, parents and other children, adaptation to their environments to make things just a little easier, kindness and an acceptance that they see and respond to the world in a different way. In an age where we justly seek tolerance in most walks of life, and indeed legislate to protect the rights of minorities and those with physical disabilities, it is approaching a scandal that those with things like Autism and Aspergers are often excluded, bullied, misunderstood and generally mistreated by their peers and, sadly too often, by adults who themselves would abhor any display of intolerance in any other context.

Imagine not being able to make friends, being overwhelmed by sights and sounds, being ostracised from your peers, knowing you're different but not being able to explain why and how you feel and you'll get some idea of what it's like being an Aspergers kid.

The other nigth, I was listening to Radio 5 Live when a boy called Fynnjan was interviewed. This Aspergers child write a song one day in a period of boredom, and now that song has been released in a bid to raise money for the The National Autistic Society, Nordoff Robbins and others, and maybe, get to Number 1. The benefit this alone would have in highlighting Aspergers and the challenges it presents to those affected would be worth any amount of fund raising.

So if you feel you want to contribute and help, then please go and order the single from here http://www.fynnjan.com/pre-order/

Cheers and Happy Xmas

Bertxx
roger
Ruler of the Seven Seas

Dick Destiny, Ambassador to the Planet JamesA!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 02:04:53 AM »

I'm liking the Regal Worm!

even my name is mostly pROG.  But I'm ⓝⓞⓣⒷⒶⓇⓇⓎ
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: