Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 236
Print
Author Topic: What Made You Confused?  (Read 566003 times)
RobH
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3360 on: June 24, 2013, 11:13:12 AM »

I hope it's going well. 

ɹǝʇsɹoɟɾɹ
Seel-o-canth

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3361 on: June 24, 2013, 11:19:00 AM »

I've done 5 of my 8 interviews and now they've left me in my room to eat lunch by myself...

I have NEVER talked so much in my life. Not even on Bert or Wilf's podcasts!

Wink
You might think you're alone but they are probably watching you.

A James
Santa's Little Spambot
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3362 on: June 24, 2013, 11:42:03 AM »

I've done 5 of my 8 interviews and now they've left me in my room to eat lunch by myself...

Wink
Probably wondering what he's doing on their computers...

Bert
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3363 on: June 24, 2013, 11:58:48 AM »

Wink
Probably wondering what he's doing on their computers...

I hope he's not as drunk as he usually is when he's on my podcast.
James_H
Siamese Fighting Fish

James H - The mini-spambot.

View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: June 24, 2013, 01:47:35 PM »

It turns out what I was supposed to be doing whilst they left me by myself was reading the strategically left poster on the wall about their corporate values- since the next woman who arrived was an HR woman who started out nicely and then turned to "So tell me something about the company that you didn't learn from the website..."

Errrr....

Then I was so flustered at not being able to come up with anything at all that when she moved on to the things which I did read on their website, my mind went blank and I couldn't remember many of them.  Sad

So, 7 out of 8 interviews went pretty well- and the one with the person who may have been the most important did not. What a rookie mistake, not having memorised every fact and figure I could.

Still, I know if I was hiring someone I would care a lot more about whether they could do the job properly than whether they could memorise a list of names or figures.

be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

http://giggingforever.blogspot.co.uk/
http://flyingallnight.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.facebook.com/giggingforever
roger
Ruler of the Seven Seas

Dick Destiny, Ambassador to the Planet JamesA!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3365 on: June 24, 2013, 02:17:28 PM »

I hate that flustered feeling.  I'm sure you rocked the interview though!

even my name is mostly pROG.  But I'm ⓝⓞⓣⒷⒶⓇⓇⓎ
Ash
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: June 24, 2013, 09:54:24 PM »

meh at HR - always the pointless questions - I am sure the others have more of a say than she does

my confusion arises from district nurses
the hospital knew how old he was when they said they would organise a nurse
when the nurse came on Friday (despite hospital saying she would ring on Friday to organise a time/date), she just said 'oh not supposed to be here, he is under 18' then proceeded to say he should have a bath and left.  She then came back a couple of minutes later and said, no he shouldn't have a bath cos of his stitches.   Roll Eyes  Today a different nurse came round and said 'oh not supposed to be here, he is under 18' and has refused to come again.

so why come again if not supposed to (even if different person) - it was only a weekend, not a year and a half
and why should I go and take him to the doctors to see a nurse there  (even if I could get an appointment) when the last 2 nurses haven't done anything anyway?  Huh

Sarah xxx<br /><br />\\\"Quick - where are the iron-on sausages?\\\"
Mouse
Neptune

Musical Rodent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3367 on: June 25, 2013, 12:32:03 AM »

Why can't she seem him because he's under 18? Is she on some kind of government list? Or does she have no perception of people under that age due to an inflamed obnoxious gland?

It turns out what I was supposed to be doing whilst they left me by myself was reading the strategically left poster on the wall about their corporate values- since the next woman who arrived was an HR woman who started out nicely and then turned to "So tell me something about the company that you didn't learn from the website..."

Errrr....

Then I was so flustered at not being able to come up with anything at all that when she moved on to the things which I did read on their website, my mind went blank and I couldn't remember many of them.  Sad

So, 7 out of 8 interviews went pretty well- and the one with the person who may have been the most important did not. What a rookie mistake, not having memorised every fact and figure I could.

Still, I know if I was hiring someone I would care a lot more about whether they could do the job properly than whether they could memorise a list of names or figures.

Too right they should be concerned more about whether or not the applicant can do the job properly rather than reel off a list of facts and figures which are displayed publicly on their own website for people to look up and access whenever they need to at any time rather than needlessly memorise them for a pointless exercise that involves telling someone about them who already knows them.

'Horses never forget. That's why they're called "nature's elephants".'

http://mouseholemusic.blogspot.com/
http://soundcloud.com/themousehole
RobH
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3368 on: June 25, 2013, 06:19:50 AM »

True.  But that may not be the point of the question. 

Uncle Bulgaria
Neptune

View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: July 11, 2013, 02:38:50 PM »

We've come to the crunch decision on the house of "do we want it whatever?" and decided that yes we do - we're being ripped off a bit on both the price and the mortgage, but the price is once ever and the mortgage is only for two years (the one thing you can guarantee is that the current lender will not be the lender in two years)

So I think we may be past the incredible stress point of the last few days. We're still some way off, but having made that decision, it lifts some of the stress.

I look forward to being the other side of it all and actually dealing with a larger proportion of decent human beings and fewer c***s.

There's things I haven't told you - I go out late at night

https://attitudebadger.wordpress.com/
roger
Ruler of the Seven Seas

Dick Destiny, Ambassador to the Planet JamesA!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3370 on: July 12, 2013, 11:25:37 AM »

yay!

even my name is mostly pROG.  But I'm ⓝⓞⓣⒷⒶⓇⓇⓎ
Ash
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: July 12, 2013, 07:35:44 PM »

differences of opinion in this household

I never got any prize for being the fantastic girly swot I was at school.  I don't know whether that is why I think there is no need for a prize/present for K's report.  As far as I'm concerned a couple of packets of scoubidoos and a moshi magazine is reward enough.

Husband thinks she deserves something more.  What do other parents here do?

Briefly Icky Giantess
Ruler of the Seven Seas

Truly, madly, progly

View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: July 12, 2013, 08:11:45 PM »

I'm with you - small rewards are appropriate for younger sprogs - escalate the rewards at this age, and you'll end up being expected to fork out more and more as she gets older - expecting a car for good A-Level results. I'd get her something small that she'd really like. If Dame feels strongly about it, he could always pop some money in a savings account for her for the future - or get her some premium bonds?

I used to have a bigger sig but Robert kept moaning about it so I have been reduced to this now. Sad
Ash
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: July 12, 2013, 08:16:23 PM »

well she seems happy enough with bags of coloured plastic so I'll leave it at that - despite her being quite bright, she still has no concept of what things are worth  Grin

and yes good idea to manage expectations early on 

Bert
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3374 on: July 12, 2013, 08:17:25 PM »

differences of opinion in this household

I never got any prize for being the fantastic girly swot I was at school.  I don't know whether that is why I think there is no need for a prize/present for K's report.  As far as I'm concerned a couple of packets of scoubidoos and a moshi magazine is reward enough.

Husband thinks she deserves something more.  What do other parents here do?

Unless she got straight A+ in  everything I say make her do her chores and be grateful. If she did get A+ then she can watch TV for 15 mins longer.

Remember, spare the rod, spoil the child. More discipline like that and maybe, just maybe, we can look forward to a generation that's not idly wasting it's time.

Wink Wink
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 236
Print
Jump to: