Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Author Topic: Tinyfish has SmartPhone App!  (Read 30210 times)
Jim
Band Member
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2011, 05:29:30 AM »

Yes, you heard that right. We have our own iPhone App! It also works on a variety of Android phones, smart phones, the iPad and the iPod. One thing must ye do before you can get it (apart from having a device on which it will run)... get yourself a copy of the RedLaser app - it's one of those QR Code/Barcode reading apps for the device.

OK, got your code reader? Good. Now go to:

www.songpier.com/tinyfish

Now scan that QR code in the middle of the page. You'll be prompted to download the Songpier for "The Big Red Spark" so go ahead, do that and you will have instant access to a load of Fishy stuff on your phone.

The short term plan is to get this running smoothly while the long term plans is to start delivering exclusive content over the phone. We dare say the phone app won't replace the fishtank (as there's no forum in it) but we'll be adding demos, hopefully some interviews, pics, news of gigs as they come up and so on and so forth. We think this is a doozy of a piece of gadgetry so go on, get some!

Any comments, come back here and let us know.

BTW - even if you DON'T have a device that can run our App, you can see exactly what you're missing out on by going to the above link and messing around with the virtual iPhone shown on the page. Have fun!
A James
Santa's Little Spambot
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 06:19:38 AM »

I do need to get a proper phone...

MikeEvs
Siamese Fighting Fish

Small Welsh bloke with big camera

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 07:49:06 AM »

On my Android HTC Desire after scanning the QR code it didn't download anything just opened songpier.com/tinyfish in a browser didn't work like an app as such just a mobile enhanced website, could still access the news, photos and play the songs

Uncle Bulgaria
Neptune

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 08:25:49 AM »

Balls. So I'm guessing that it's not going to be a normal App I can get from itunes store for my camera-less iPod Touch.

There is zero chance of me getting a "smart" phone, but the band apps I have for Rush and Marillion both work fine on iPod 3g (iOS 4.whatever).

There's things I haven't told you - I go out late at night

https://attitudebadger.wordpress.com/
hoboslobo
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 09:46:50 AM »

Balls. So I'm guessing that it's not going to be a normal App I can get from itunes store for my camera-less iPod Touch.

There is zero chance of me getting a "smart" phone, but the band apps I have for Rush and Marillion both work fine on iPod 3g (iOS 4.whatever).

It should still work on your iTouch, but as Mike said it is not really an app but a webpage for smart phones.

"Apparently Neil Armstrong used to tell unfunny jokes about the Moon and follow them up with "Ah, I guess you had to be there."
Jim
Band Member
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 09:54:10 AM »

Hmmmn. It downloads as an App onto my iPhone. Leon's and Simon's too.  Undecided

And there I was thinking we were being really cool and at the leading edge of the tech curve.
Bert
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 09:56:57 AM »

It's excellent ! Very effective. Tinyfish go Web 2.0  Grin

Essentially the "app" bit is just a shortcut on your home screen to a webpage, albeit it's skinned (the app that is) as Tinyfish.

UB - you should be able to access the site via your browser in the iPod touch and add it to your homescreen from there. the url is http://songpier.com/tinyfish, Stick that in Safari and you should be ok.  Cheesy

It'll present itself as an "app" on the homescreen. Works beautifully on my iPhone.
The Naughty Sorceress
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 10:04:00 AM »

It made my blackberry do a buzzy noise, then it told me I didn't have enough money to go on the internet on my phone.  But the buzzy noise was quite cool!  Grin

It is the business of the panda to be dangerous: http://theasigma.wordpress.com/
Uncle Bulgaria
Neptune

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 10:21:06 AM »

It's excellent ! Very effective. Tinyfish go Web 2.0  Grin

Essentially the "app" bit is just a shortcut on your home screen to a webpage, albeit it's skinned (the app that is) as Tinyfish.

UB - you should be able to access the site via your browser in the iPod touch and add it to your homescreen from there. the url is http://songpier.com/tinyfish, Stick that in Safari and you should be ok.  Cheesy

It'll present itself as an "app" on the homescreen. Works beautifully on my iPhone.

Ta for the help - will try it when I get home and within range of wifi.

There's things I haven't told you - I go out late at night

https://attitudebadger.wordpress.com/
hoboslobo
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 11:01:33 AM »

On my android phone, I can not play the songs ... it says unable to play video.

The scrolling does not seem to work well. Very difficult to scroll up and down on the news page for example.

If I click the share button the start of the text is not visible in the window.

It looks good, but the Android version has a few bugs, not sure if this is just on my htc.

"Apparently Neil Armstrong used to tell unfunny jokes about the Moon and follow them up with "Ah, I guess you had to be there."
MikeEvs
Siamese Fighting Fish

Small Welsh bloke with big camera

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 11:04:18 AM »

The scrolling does not seem to work well. Very difficult to scroll up and down on the news page for example.

It looks good, but the Android version has a few bugs, not sure if this is just on my htc.

I didn't have that problem on my HTC

roger
Ruler of the Seven Seas

Dick Destiny, Ambassador to the Planet JamesA!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 12:10:08 PM »

similar for me on my LG Android phone.

even my name is mostly pROG.  But I'm ⓝⓞⓣⒷⒶⓇⓇⓎ
Pedro
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 12:24:58 PM »

I already had a QR tag scanner on my phone.....so I followed the link and stared at the QR tag on my phone's display....erm....

Briefly Icky Giantess
Ruler of the Seven Seas

Truly, madly, progly

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 01:23:16 PM »

Couldn't get anywhere with my HTC Desire HD.

Scanned in the code; went to the website - at least I thought it was going to the website - and nothing happened. No pics, no songs, no nothing.

I used to have a bigger sig but Robert kept moaning about it so I have been reduced to this now. Sad
Simon
Tosser
Band Member
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2011, 01:36:06 PM »

I scanned the code, downloaded the app and it killed a pigeon. Is it supposed to do that?

We're not dead yet!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Jump to: