Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26
Print
Author Topic: Tinyfish - 27th April 2012 Special Guests of DeeExpus (RosFest Warm Up Show)  (Read 111096 times)
RobH
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: April 28, 2012, 09:37:03 AM »

It was one of the best nights that I've had at the Peel.  I haven't been there for ages - not since January, I think.  I wouldn't say that the placed was rammed, but there was a much larger crowd there than usually (although, strangely it seemed to have thinned out for DeeExpus).

Big big Kudos to Mike Varty - brilliantly played.

The sound was not great, but the crowd was magnificent.  It was good to see so many people that I know, and I was mightily impressed that many members of other bands took the time to come on down (Touchstone again proved what genuinely lovely people they are).  It was specially great to see Peter down there.

James_H
Siamese Fighting Fish

James H - The mini-spambot.

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 28, 2012, 09:39:26 AM »

I have no recollection of writing what I wrote a few posts back...

Still, it was pretty bloody awesome, as were DeeExpus, but damnit- when there's a Tinyfish support gig at the Peel, I find it nigh on impossible to concentrate on the main band because there are always so many people I want to have a chat and a catch up with...

I think I saw about half of DXP though and enjoyed the rest of what I heard.

Don't expect my blog review before James's, since he seemed to be writing the whole thing in real time on his Blackberry!

(we will still always call you Notepad, you know..)

be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

http://giggingforever.blogspot.co.uk/
http://flyingallnight.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.facebook.com/giggingforever
A James
Santa's Little Spambot
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #287 on: April 28, 2012, 10:04:05 AM »

Just because I was writing it in real time does not mean I was writing everything...don't expect it any time soon and you won't be disappointed  Cheesy

Leon
Band Member
Shark

I like to hit shit. Hard.

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 28, 2012, 10:13:34 AM »

I had a few mates who came down, & they were complaining about insanely early last trains; this may have been to DeeExpus' cost.  Thought they were awesome though - & they have Louis XIV playing guitar for them!  Good coup, that.

Tinyfish - so shit, they're in an award they can't win.
Simon
Tosser
Band Member
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #289 on: April 28, 2012, 11:41:39 AM »

'Thought they were awesome though - & they have Louis XIV playing guitar for them!  Good coup, that.'
 Cheesy

My blog from the evening:
http://www.tinyfish.org/forums/index.php?topic=3110.msg139867#msg139867

We're not dead yet!
A James
Santa's Little Spambot
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: April 28, 2012, 12:05:17 PM »

Circular.

hoboslobo
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #291 on: April 28, 2012, 12:42:42 PM »

It was really really good to see Tinyfish and  almost all  of the Fishtank. DeeExpus was great as well. A few sound issues but not too bad once I stuffed my ear with Hearos.

It was as mentioned a whos who of prog yesterday, and the perfect number of people.

Can't wait until the next time.

"Apparently Neil Armstrong used to tell unfunny jokes about the Moon and follow them up with "Ah, I guess you had to be there."
ursula
Sea Witch
Mods
Seel-o-canth

View Profile WWW
« Reply #292 on: April 28, 2012, 05:41:36 PM »

And nice to finally meet you, Thea, albeit very briefly...

and for me too - sorry we didn't get chance to chat for longer

Hope you & the pandas travelled home safe & dry!

'The most courageous decision you make each day is the decision to be in a good mood.' Voltaire

http://plate-spinning-mama.blogspot.co.uk/
ursula
Sea Witch
Mods
Seel-o-canth

View Profile WWW
« Reply #293 on: April 28, 2012, 05:58:47 PM »

I thought it was a great night - but I am biassed  Roll Eyes

Both bands played a good selection of my favourites from their recent albums and I got to chat to some more people who I got to know here. 
I'm clearly old fashioned - I like to know who people really are - love putting faces to names!!  Smiley Smiley

I'm unconvinced about the décor in the Peel - I understood that there was going to be a lot more mural and so it wouldn't be so very white in the long run.... Cool
.... maybe the original plan has run out of steam....

It feels like the inside of a fridge to me now (except in temperature) strange stuff growing up the wall....merch stuck in the little boxes in the door where the cheese and eggs ought to go ...
....maybe that's the ambiance the soundman is trying to create?
I don't want it to sound exactly like the album... 'cos otherwise what would be the point of live music? - but I do want it to sound mostly great ..... and it only just about did   Undecided

'The most courageous decision you make each day is the decision to be in a good mood.' Voltaire

http://plate-spinning-mama.blogspot.co.uk/
The Naughty Sorceress
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #294 on: April 28, 2012, 06:02:23 PM »

And nice to finally meet you, Thea, albeit very briefly...

and for me too - sorry we didn't get chance to chat for longer

Hope you & the pandas travelled home safe & dry!

Dry, but cold! Been asleep since I got back!  Embarrassed

It is the business of the panda to be dangerous: http://theasigma.wordpress.com/
Trace
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 28, 2012, 06:33:11 PM »

Nice to hear that everybody had a good time.
Looking forward to the next gig I can get to.
RobH
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #296 on: April 28, 2012, 06:59:38 PM »

I'm unconvinced about the décor in the Peel - I understood that there was going to be a lot more mural and so it wouldn't be so very white in the long run.... Cool
.... maybe the original plan has run out of steam....

It would wrong to mistake whitewash for décor.

The wood panelling was much better.

Nellie
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #297 on: April 28, 2012, 08:35:35 PM »

The atmosphere at The Peel last night was awesome! The sound for both bands was ruuuuuuuubiiiiiish, but in the end it didn't matter, because they are are all gorgeous and fabby.
Thea didn't come and say Hello to me but I did see loads of other people and had a brilliant night.

ɹǝʇsɹoɟɾɹ
Seel-o-canth

View Profile WWW
« Reply #298 on: April 28, 2012, 11:28:33 PM »

Top night and good to see / speak with / wave at the regulars again.

The best non-musical part was the "In the queue for a Dream Theater gig I saw Steven Wilson and Jordan walking past" conversation. I thought Purdey was on about how cute it would be if Wilson and Rudess were Prog's best gay couple. She thought I'd seen that Katie Price was a Prog Metal fan and had turned up on the arm of that bloke from Porky Tree.

It was also the first time I'd ever had to stop for a rest on the way back from The Peel but I was sooo tired that it would have been dangerous to carry on. 20 minutes later and I was fine to drive to rest of the way.

Photos (if you'd call them that) are in the usual place. Not many good ones in that lighting and they were all of Paul.

Cheers

Rick

The Watch tomorrow later today. I'm going to be fit for nothing on Monday. I'd give my workplace about a 10% chance of noticing though.

The Naughty Sorceress
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #299 on: April 28, 2012, 11:47:24 PM »

The atmosphere at The Peel last night was awesome! The sound for both bands was ruuuuuuuubiiiiiish, but in the end it didn't matter, because they are are all gorgeous and fabby.
Thea didn't come and say Hello to me but I did see loads of other people and had a brilliant night.

Sorry!  Embarrassed If you're at the Menel show on the 19th, will make sure I say hello then!

It is the business of the panda to be dangerous: http://theasigma.wordpress.com/
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26
Print
Jump to: