Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Forum FAQ  (Read 14413 times)
Robert
Chief Audience Frightener
Administrator
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile WWW
« on: May 13, 2009, 02:25:45 PM »

1) What is the maximum size of a forum avatar?

100 pixels x 100 pixels

"I'm just an angry wig on a stick." - Thea
Simon
Tosser
Band Member
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 10:49:52 AM »

Q: My account has just been deleted, why did that happen?

A: Currently the Tinyfish forum is being targeted by spammers who are making up fictitious names and joining the forum in order to er...spam it. The reason why they are getting around the filters is that they are actual people (usually individuals from China who are being paid a pittance to sit on line all day and manually get round the automated safeguards). They are easy to spot as their names are usually a random collection of numbers and letters. Rob will delete them as soon as poss but this will be an ongoing problem for now

Naturally if you are new to the forum and find that your account has been mistaken for one of these 'spam' members, we would humbly ask you to rejoin (obviously using another name) and IM me or Rob letting us know what has happened. Failing that, please contact us at: i n f o (at) t i n y f i s h dot o r g  (all lower case and minus the spaces natually).

If that fails, you can find me on facebook and let me know that way.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 01:47:36 PM by Simon » Logged

We're not dead yet!
Robert
Administrator
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 03:40:56 PM »

Q: How do I add a picture?

A: click on the 2nd square icon on the bottom row - you should get square brackets with "img" in. Put the URL of your picture between the two brackets and it should post the picture.

If it's a picture on your computer you will need to upload it somewhere (photobucket/flickr or similar) as it needs a URL.

Robert
Administrator
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 12:40:23 PM »

Q: Why has Robert edited my post?

A: Robert only ever edits posts to correct confusing spelling errors (as opposed to the usual kind), make pictures fit the page better, or correct problems with URL's, quote pyramids and such.

Apart from that one time when I removed that picture of Jedward which was frankly horrific.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: