Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16
Print
Author Topic: 2014 gigs  (Read 60494 times)
MikeEvs
Siamese Fighting Fish

Small Welsh bloke with big camera

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: September 05, 2014, 05:21:36 PM »

I've bought tickets for two gigs in 2015 Smiley

Thunder at Hammersmith in March and Devin Towensend project at the Royal Albert Hall in April.

Saw Devin's Casualties of Cool gig at Union Chapel last night really enjoyed it. Che Amiee Dorval has an amazing voice.

As ticket for the RAH gig went on sale this morning and I was still in London I went to the box office and bought my ticket there, which given some of the comments I read later on facebook from people buying online it seems like it was a very good idea  Smiley

ɹǝʇsɹoɟɾɹ
Seel-o-canth

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: September 18, 2014, 08:30:57 AM »

God damn Spock's Beard were good last night. I've still got that post-gig buzz going on...

After the disappointment of last years shows I wasn't sure whether to go or not. The band worked really well together, Ted was obviously having fun (apart from sweating his clothes to his skin).

There were a few technical gremlins but nothing to spoil things.

I wish I could see them in London tonight.

R

MikeEvs
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: September 23, 2014, 09:35:02 PM »

Going to see Al Di Meola at Ronnie Scott's on October 14th  Grin

roger
Ruler of the Seven Seas

Dick Destiny, Ambassador to the Planet JamesA!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: September 24, 2014, 12:17:26 AM »

Nice!

even my name is mostly pROG.  But I'm ⓝⓞⓣⒷⒶⓇⓇⓎ
Uncle Bulgaria
Neptune

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 24, 2014, 11:37:38 AM »

Finally got round to getting my ticket for Opeth in Bristol.

Might even be dragging Mme Cholet along to Pineapple Thief at The Fleece in December - for once she asked "what is this" without it sounding like it was missing the wordds "the hell".

There's things I haven't told you - I go out late at night

https://attitudebadger.wordpress.com/
Robert
Chief Audience Frightener
Administrator
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: September 24, 2014, 02:14:55 PM »

If the trains behave themselves, I'm unexpectedly going to see Kate Bush tonight...

"I'm just an angry wig on a stick." - Thea
Robert
Administrator
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: September 24, 2014, 02:15:34 PM »

Also booked for Show of Hands in November...

Uncle Bulgaria
Neptune

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 24, 2014, 02:27:54 PM »

If the trains behave themselves, I'm unexpectedly going to see Kate Bush tonight...

Goodness - that's a nice unexpected - hope trains are well-behaved an you enjoy the show.

MikeEvs
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: September 24, 2014, 03:19:33 PM »

Finally got round to getting my ticket for Opeth in Bristol.

Might even be dragging Mme Cholet along to Pineapple Thief at The Fleece in December - for once she asked "what is this" without it sounding like it was missing the wordds "the hell".

I should have got tickets for Opeth but didn't get around to it and now I'm going to see Al Di Meola just a few days later I don't think I'm going to go to Opeth this time around.  I've seen them on their last few tours so I'm not overly concerned about missing them this time, I'm sure they'll be back.

Al Di Meola I've never seen despite having a large collection of his CD's so I'm really looking forward to that  Smiley

Trace
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 25, 2014, 08:47:14 AM »

They're playing Cheltenham Town Hall on that tour. It's a lovely venue, with generally a really bad sound.
I may get a ticket and hope it sounds better in the room with only a few acoustic instruments being used.
Robert
Administrator
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: September 25, 2014, 08:47:22 AM »

Goodness - that's a nice unexpected - hope trains are well-behaved an you enjoy the show.

It all went very well and I had a fabulous time thanks to @WhiteRhinoTea :-)

Robert
Administrator
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: September 25, 2014, 08:48:33 AM »

They're playing Cheltenham Town Hall on that tour. It's a lovely venue, with generally a really bad sound.
I may get a ticket and hope it sounds better in the room with only a few acoustic instruments being used.

This will be the third time I've tried to see them. First time, work exploded, second time I was too ill.

Uncle Bulgaria
Neptune

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 25, 2014, 11:52:39 AM »

I should have got tickets for Opeth but didn't get around to it and now I'm going to see Al Di Meola just a few days later I don't think I'm going to go to Opeth this time around.  I've seen them on their last few tours so I'm not overly concerned about missing them this time, I'm sure they'll be back.

I'm really only going as it's Bristol on a Friday night in a venue with a 10pm cerfew and Mme Cholet can pick me up from the station before midnight.

I am really enjoying the new album, but they aren't a band I would go all the way to London for. Those are getting fewer and further between, although I am going up for the Steve Rothery band gig in November and the Marillion gig in December.

Nellie
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: October 03, 2014, 10:19:18 AM »

If I can get a sitter, I might come to this wiv my mate.

Trace
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 27, 2014, 05:00:59 PM »

Firefest 2014 - Nottingham Rock City, 24-26 October 2014.
I've just got back from this festival, and although not prog, it was worthy of comment.
Each day the venue opened in time to get 1000 people inside the venue just before the first band started, and that band started at the advertised time.
Seven bands each day, starting with a 40 minute set for the daily openers and incresing to an hour for for the 'guest' slot followed by 90 minutes for the headliner each day, and changeovers achieved normally in the 20 minute range, and the evening finished at 10:00pm each day. All very impressive. I know that melodic rock bands generally play relatively short songs, but every band still seemed to be happy to get on stage, play their allotted time, and get off again. There didn't seem to be any over-runs at all. This may be because there is now a circuit of festivals for these bands to play and everybody seems to know what is required.
As for the bands, H.E.A.T were very impressive as Friday headliners, and it was good to see Shy again (after a 30 year gap). Pretty Maids were the biggest surprise on Saturday - some album buying required I think. Sunday was the last day of the Final Fling (Firefest is calling it a day after 11 years) and was bound to be good, but the final trio of Coney Hatch, Autograph (UK debut gig - only about 30 years late) and Danger Danger waould be hard to beat anywhere.
Now, where am i going to see these sorts of bands next year?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16
Print
Jump to: