Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: HRH Prog 2  (Read 16711 times)
RobH
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2013, 07:44:22 AM »

If they play by the same rules as everyone else then I will consider it, but signing up every band under the sun and giving away all the tickets is not fair on the other Prog festivals in the UK.

But I'm sure I read somewhere that theirs is the only dedicated prog festival in the country.

A James
Santa's Little Spambot
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2013, 07:51:49 AM »

Das Bootique.

Robert
Chief Audience Frightener
Administrator
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2013, 07:52:14 AM »

Where "dedicated" is another word for "bloody freezing".

Despite Fish and Crimson Sky playing, I can't justify going :-( I have no confidence that it won't be a complete Ferrari like the last one.

"I'm just an angry wig on a stick." - Thea
Robert
Administrator
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2013, 07:53:51 AM »

Das Bootique.

"Dunkel - und sehr stiller".

Uncle Bulgaria
Neptune

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2013, 07:54:54 AM »

Even though it is in Wales, it might as well be on Mars - it is hard to get from South Wales to North Wales (and the north is full of gogs)

There's things I haven't told you - I go out late at night

https://attitudebadger.wordpress.com/
Mouse
Neptune

Musical Rodent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2013, 11:00:29 AM »

I remember Evs telling me that the rail journey from his gaff near Cardiff is of a very lengthy time.

'Horses never forget. That's why they're called "nature's elephants".'

http://mouseholemusic.blogspot.com/
http://soundcloud.com/themousehole
RobH
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2013, 11:21:38 AM »

I just checked the train time - 7 and a half hours from Wokingham with changes at Reading and Birmingham.  The Birmingham to Pwllheli train takes over 5 hours, calling at Smethwick Galton Bridge, Wolverhampton, Telford Central, Wellington (Shropshire), Shrewsbury, Welshpool (which is near Hartlepool), Newton (Powys), Caersws, Machynlleth, Dovey Junction, Penhelig, Aberdovey, Tywyn, Tonfanau, Llwyngwril, Fairbourne, Morfa Mawddach, Barmouth (should be Aberbar), Llanaber, Talybont (which is next to Talyho), Dyffryn Ardudwy, Llanbedr, Pensarn (Gwynedd), Llandanwg, Harlech, Tygwyn, Talsarnau, Llandecwyn, Penrhyndeudraeth, Minffordd, Porthmadog, Criccieth, Penychain, and Abererch.

I think if I were on that train, by the time I got to Pwllheli, I would (a) be able to speak Welsh, and (b) be completely off my rocker.

A James
Santa's Little Spambot
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2013, 11:41:51 AM »

I'm exhausted just reading that...

Trace
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2013, 11:54:30 AM »

So there's no chance, none whatsoever, that it might actually be good? A thin, sliver of a chance? Maybe worth considering? No?

If they've moved out of the freezer, it may be worth it. Everybody I've spoken to who has actually attended a Hard Rock Hell seemed to enjoy themselves, and said the facilities were excellent. But one thing to consider is that the whole deal is based around being on-site and staying in the on-site accommodation.
RobH
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2013, 12:20:54 PM »

There is certainly no point in buying a ticket yet.  We may as well wait for the last minute 20-for-1 offer.

Robert
Administrator
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2013, 01:56:20 PM »

I just checked the train time - 7 and a half hours from Wokingham with changes at Reading and Birmingham.  The Birmingham to Pwllheli train takes over 5 hours, calling at Smethwick Galton Bridge, Wolverhampton, Telford Central, Wellington (Shropshire), Shrewsbury, Welshpool (which is near Hartlepool), Newton (Powys), Caersws, Machynlleth, Dovey Junction, Penhelig, Aberdovey, Tywyn, Tonfanau, Llwyngwril, Fairbourne, Morfa Mawddach, Barmouth (should be Aberbar), Llanaber, Talybont (which is next to Talyho), Dyffryn Ardudwy, Llanbedr, Pensarn (Gwynedd), Llandanwg, Harlech, Tygwyn, Talsarnau, Llandecwyn, Penrhyndeudraeth, Minffordd, Porthmadog, Criccieth, Penychain, and Abererch.

I think if I were on that train, by the time I got to Pwllheli, I would (a) be able to speak Welsh, and (b) be completely off my rocker.

Now you're just making words up.

Ash
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2013, 02:30:25 PM »

Grin

Sarah xxx<br /><br />\\\"Quick - where are the iron-on sausages?\\\"
Briefly Icky Giantess
Ruler of the Seven Seas

Truly, madly, progly

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2013, 03:48:17 PM »

Welshpool is nowhere near Hartlepool! You must be thinking of Blackpool or Liverpool.

I used to have a bigger sig but Robert kept moaning about it so I have been reduced to this now. Sad
The Naughty Sorceress
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2013, 03:53:25 PM »

If they've moved out of the freezer, it may be worth it. Everybody I've spoken to who has actually attended a Hard Rock Hell seemed to enjoy themselves, and said the facilities were excellent. But one thing to consider is that the whole deal is based around being on-site and staying in the on-site accommodation.

IIRC, the hotel packages were ridiculously expensive. The facilities might be good, but it's going to price a lot of people out of going. As is the location by the looks of it.

This is where festivals like Celebr8 get it right - you can get there by public transport and there's a couple of reasonably-priced places to stay near to the venue.

Most of the time, the problem I have with festivals isn't the ticket price, it's the cost of trying to get there or if it's even possible to get there by public transport.

It is the business of the panda to be dangerous: http://theasigma.wordpress.com/
Robert
Administrator
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2013, 03:56:32 PM »

Yes indeedy. We need to teleport the whole Wath-on-Dearne on top of Slough. No-one would notice.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to: