Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Simon and Robert at the Peel - 24th August  (Read 20735 times)
Ash
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2013, 01:57:04 PM »

my brother and his girlfriend have dropped out cos she is poorly and Dame is whingeing about the rain (which I personally think means he wants to play disney infinity  Roll Eyes )  so I was up for coming but now not so sure

Sarah xxx<br /><br />\\\"Quick - where are the iron-on sausages?\\\"
roger
Ruler of the Seven Seas

Dick Destiny, Ambassador to the Planet JamesA!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2013, 04:21:42 PM »

a bag o'things for Tim.

One hopes it's not a pineapple...

even my name is mostly pROG.  But I'm ⓝⓞⓣⒷⒶⓇⓇⓎ
James_H
Siamese Fighting Fish

James H - The mini-spambot.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2013, 12:20:48 AM »

Well, Matt was genius- Mahavishnu cover and weird-out noisefest ending included...

And Mr So & So were joyous, as ever. Great fun to watch and so talented.

I managed one and a half songs of Haze, and replaced Primitive Instinct with the world's largest "pizza wrap".

All in all, a fantastic day!

be rich big cat small talk get fat sign this see through choose me fkkk you

http://giggingforever.blogspot.co.uk/
http://flyingallnight.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.facebook.com/giggingforever
A James
Santa's Little Spambot
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2013, 07:25:25 AM »

That was all very good fun (I like Haze).

AmazingWilf
Neptune

Bad Elephant Music - you know it makes sense.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2013, 08:47:06 AM »

Dd we sell anything?

David 'Wilf' Elliott
Listen to
The European Perspective...the only progressive rock radio show made with the goodness of analogue cheese
Trace
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2013, 09:27:24 AM »

I enjoyed yesterday at the Peel. The trip to Kingston had been gridlocked at times and I was glad I made an early start, although the traffic made a mockery of the idea of going CD buying before the gig.
Haze were very good. I know some people don't like them, but they've always been slightly different, and the new material works well. The young drummer was a bit basic at times, and it was odd not to see Paul C's heads-down-see-you-at-the-end manner at the back, although I don't think that waould have worked to well with the shared drumkit. My only problem with Haze is their inability to build a set-list - good songs but there is no build-up towarsd the end,
Matt was Matt, with extra God-of-music taking over. I'm not sure what he was doing. Matt's not sure what he was doing. But it was very interesting, and very compelling. He looked completely stunned for ages after, although his talk of the top of his head opening and things coming out was quite odd if perfectly understandable.
How long were Primitive Instinct on for? They played well, the songs were competent, they seemed pleasant, they said nice things, and they seemed to be on stage for hours without actually making any impression at all. People left for complete meals and the band were still playing when they returned. I shall have to listen to the last album again, because it can't be as one-paced as the set.
By now I was beginning to suffer, and I'd already decided to give Mr So & So a few songs before leaving. I've listened to the albums a couple of times, but I'm not too familiar with the songs, and the live delivery tends to leave me cold, although it was good to see the femaile vocalist obviously enjoying herself and dancing around at every opportunity. I actually stayed for four songs. Next time I'll give tha albums a better listen before the gig.
I goit home about quarter past midnight - no traffic jams. Good end to a pleasant day.

A James
Santa's Little Spambot
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2013, 09:57:56 AM »

Dd we sell anything?

1 tshirt to Cliff Progzilla, 1 cd to Roger (not that Roger), and Stacy (not that Stacy) wanted a cd but he disappeared.

The selling area was fully occupied by Primitive Instinct and Mr So & So.  And I only saw Mr Cyclops (without any merch) at the end of the gig.

RobH
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2013, 11:49:42 AM »

I have been going to the Peel for about 7 years now, and yesterday was a first.  It was the first time that anyone has been introduced on stage.   Grin

Trace
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2013, 01:43:14 PM »

Typical. Nip out for ten minutes for food and I miss history being made.
Nellie
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2013, 09:39:37 PM »

You have Bo's t-shirt in that box, so don't sell that to anyone but him.  Grin

A James
Santa's Little Spambot
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2013, 10:16:05 PM »

I saw the tshirt and wondered what it was doing there, because I presumed Bo would already have his  Cheesy

hoboslobo
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2013, 11:42:16 PM »

So that is where it is ... good to know Smiley

"Apparently Neil Armstrong used to tell unfunny jokes about the Moon and follow them up with "Ah, I guess you had to be there."
Robert
Chief Audience Frightener
Administrator
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2013, 02:10:04 PM »

I saw the tshirt and wondered what it was doing there, because I presumed Bo would already have his  Cheesy

Remember, Allen, professionalism at all times!

"I'm just an angry wig on a stick." - Thea
Robert
Chief Audience Frightener
Administrator
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2013, 02:11:15 PM »

Typical. Nip out for ten minutes for food and I miss history being made.

And it was me wot did it Cheesy I introduced Matt by praising him and stealing one of James H's best jokes...

"I'm just an angry wig on a stick." - Thea
Nellie
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2013, 09:45:25 PM »

There was a note in the box.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to: