Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: We're Not Dead Quite Yet.  (Read 8483 times)
Simon
Tosser
Band Member
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« on: August 25, 2014, 01:05:12 PM »

Hello fellow rebel scum.

As you probably all know, I have been hiding near the bins behind the Morrisons in the High Street for a considerable amount of time but the notion of future Tinyfish action has never fully left my mind. As many of you are also aware, I've moved from Blighty to go and live in America because I married a hot young blonde who laughs at my terrible jokes and belches louder than me.

We're about to move into a new home very soon which has a purpose built basement area in which to set up all my studio gadgets (once they arrive on the boat from the UK). This prospect makes me jump up and down like a jumpy up and down thing.

Something I've always wanted to do is remix and re-record some of the parts from Tinyfishes debut album which many of you know, was recorded on a shoestring budget way back when I barely knew how to hit a record button, let alone render a proper mix. In addition, there were two tracks which we had more or less recorded in their entirety which sadly didn't make it onto the LP proper. One (titled Hand in Hand) appeared on the 2007 free Summers End sampler CD which Rob and I gave out many unwary festival goers and the other was a 10 minute plus epic called The Clock which to make the cut due to running time issues. This is a shame as I think it contained many classic 'Tinyfish-isms'.

I'd like to see both of these tracks included with the existing material, remixed and partially re-recorded to help make it sound like it originally did in my head. I'd also like to release this 'curated' album under the originally intended title of 'Motorville'.

So once I have the new "Duckland' studio here in Philly up and running and sorted all my current recording responsibilities, my plan is to have a chat to the other band members about the project and if they all give it the thumbs up, I plan to find some time (maybe in 2015) to look again at the album and see what can be done. Fingers crossed that the original recordings are salvageable from those early Pro Tools formats.  Smiley

Any other suggestions from you all? We're listening.

We're not dead yet!
AmazingWilf
Neptune

Bad Elephant Music - you know it makes sense.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 01:40:59 PM »

Curry?

David 'Wilf' Elliott
Listen to
The European Perspective...the only progressive rock radio show made with the goodness of analogue cheese
Simon
Tosser
Band Member
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 02:09:35 PM »

Is the right answer (to everything)!

We're not dead yet!
RobH
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 03:09:31 PM »

An excellent idea.  I'll look forward to the launch curry.

benb
Seel-o-canth

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 03:49:50 PM »

Hurry up!  Smiley
roger
Ruler of the Seven Seas

Dick Destiny, Ambassador to the Planet JamesA!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 11:17:02 PM »

Is it done yet?

even my name is mostly pROG.  But I'm ⓝⓞⓣⒷⒶⓇⓇⓎ
Trace
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 08:52:44 AM »

Simon says it's only going to be looked at in 2015.
Perhaps there should have been an announcement curry.
philthephobe
Shrimp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 05:24:17 PM »

Excellent - that will be something cool to listen too in my new lime & puce bathroom suite (Thanks Simon !)
ɹǝʇsɹoɟɾɹ
Seel-o-canth

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 10:44:32 AM »

Are there any of those sampler CDs left?
I could pick one up at the curry.

hoboslobo
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 02:00:43 PM »

Any news on the RoSFest DVD?

Still lurking ...

"Apparently Neil Armstrong used to tell unfunny jokes about the Moon and follow them up with "Ah, I guess you had to be there."
Briefly Icky Giantess
Ruler of the Seven Seas

Truly, madly, progly

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 02:50:25 PM »

Did someone say curry?

I used to have a bigger sig but Robert kept moaning about it so I have been reduced to this now. Sad
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: