Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 1282
Print
Author Topic: What made you smile?  (Read 2296978 times)
Simon
Tosser
Band Member
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #825 on: June 27, 2009, 12:12:41 AM »

No, surely you'd just relieve yourself in the queue with a savage joy?

Good one!

We're not dead yet!
Mouse
Neptune

Musical Rodent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #826 on: June 27, 2009, 01:03:07 PM »

Can we have an emoticon for doing anything with a savage joy? Oh, the hilarity would ensue.

'Horses never forget. That's why they're called "nature's elephants".'

http://mouseholemusic.blogspot.com/
http://soundcloud.com/themousehole
Briefly Icky Giantess
Ruler of the Seven Seas

Truly, madly, progly

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: June 27, 2009, 01:23:30 PM »

something like this
 Grin

but with fiercer eyes?

I used to have a bigger sig but Robert kept moaning about it so I have been reduced to this now. Sad
hoboslobo
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #828 on: June 27, 2009, 05:36:54 PM »

A tuba is for life not just for Christmas.

Today I have been to Land's End where I was pleased to discover a Dr. Who exhibition.

"Apparently Neil Armstrong used to tell unfunny jokes about the Moon and follow them up with "Ah, I guess you had to be there."
RobH
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #829 on: June 27, 2009, 07:20:58 PM »

The only thing that I recall from the museum at Land End was a picture of two guys, with their eyes blanked out, standing next to a Ferrari.  They had driven from Lands End to John O Groats and back in 24 hours.  The picture gave a distance travelled, but didn't give an average speed.  I worked it out at almost exactly 70mph.  And there was a statement like - it is believed that they didn't always stick to the speed limit.

Too &^%&* right! 

Simon
Tosser
Band Member
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #830 on: June 27, 2009, 08:17:35 PM »

Many, many years back our first prog band (Freefall) decided to rent a cottage down in Cornwall for a week to write music. A big mistake as all we really did was treat it as a mad holiday. I remember the band visiting Land's End just after they opened it as a theme park. The attractions were rubbish but you could still wander up to the cliffs right at the tip (which I'm told you can't do now). We crawled up to the end and looked over thinking 'Wow, the most southern point of the British Isles.' What we actually saw were a pair of surly looking gulls sitting on a bit of rock jutting out a few feet away.

They were the most miserable southern gulls in the UK. Typical.

We're not dead yet!
Nellie
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #831 on: June 27, 2009, 08:53:26 PM »

Badgers Cross!

Pedro
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile
« Reply #832 on: June 27, 2009, 09:39:23 PM »

They were the most miserable southern gulls in the UK. Typical.
Maybe because they'd just learned that the gulls at The Lizard were actually further south....

Briefly Icky Giantess
Ruler of the Seven Seas

Truly, madly, progly

View Profile
« Reply #833 on: June 27, 2009, 10:32:29 PM »

And the Cornish Pasties on The Lizard are definitely superior to the ones at Land's End as well (the family and I carried out a comparative CP Survey last summer).

I used to have a bigger sig but Robert kept moaning about it so I have been reduced to this now. Sad
Mouse
Neptune

Musical Rodent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #834 on: June 29, 2009, 03:12:43 AM »

Something made me smile this morning. I was listening to the big In The Cage medley thing from the Genesis gig at Old Trafford in 2007 (which I was at  Grin ) while doing the washing up (I've become nocturnal) and I finished just as the Duke's Travels segment came on. When I saw this, it was probably the single most brilliant moment of my life (so far). I bounded up the stairs full of energy (like you usually are when you listen to Genesis  Tongue ) and opened the curtains in my bedroom as Afterglow started.

I just sat on the bed in the dark, looking out at the distant orange street lights glowing in the fog. I haven't felt so content and satisfied in a long time. I was taken back a few years to when I used to walk home from school in the Autumn as it was just getting really dark, listening to Duke, Wind And Wuthering or The Dark Side Of The Moon or something. I felt content, relaxed and happy then and I felt it again just now.

It's kind of hard to explain those feelings felt at those times and places that become so significant to us, but the point stays the same - it made me smile.  Smiley

(I like brackets and putting things into italics.)

Uncle Bulgaria
Neptune

View Profile
« Reply #835 on: June 29, 2009, 08:34:15 AM »

Saw my best man yesterday for the first timne since our wedding almost a year ago.

She's over from New Zealand for a couple of weeks.

We went to Waxy O'Connors on Wardour Street and had a Sunday Roast, a few Caffreys and a large Whiskey to finish off.

I had a bit of a snooze in the evening. Grin

There's things I haven't told you - I go out late at night

https://attitudebadger.wordpress.com/
Jim
Band Member
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile
« Reply #836 on: June 29, 2009, 09:19:17 AM »

Something made me smile this morning. I was listening to the big In The Cage medley thing from the Genesis gig at Old Trafford in 2007 (which I was at  Grin ) while doing the washing up (I've become nocturnal) and I finished just as the Duke's Travels segment came on. When I saw this, it was probably the single most brilliant moment of my life (so far). I bounded up the stairs full of energy (like you usually are when you listen to Genesis  Tongue ) and opened the curtains in my bedroom as Afterglow started.

I just sat on the bed in the dark, looking out at the distant orange street lights glowing in the fog. I haven't felt so content and satisfied in a long time. I was taken back a few years to when I used to walk home from school in the Autumn as it was just getting really dark, listening to Duke, Wind And Wuthering or The Dark Side Of The Moon or something. I felt content, relaxed and happy then and I felt it again just now.

It's kind of hard to explain those feelings felt at those times and places that become so significant to us, but the point stays the same - it made me smile.  Smiley

(I like brackets and putting things into italics.)

Are you sure you're only 17 years old (or however young you claim to be)? What a vivid picture you just painted. Thank you.
Mouse
Neptune

Musical Rodent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #837 on: June 29, 2009, 04:21:15 PM »

Yes, 18 years old with all the documentation to proove it.  Wink  I tend to be quite romantic with my descriptions of images and such. I then use those images to create music.  Smiley

Jim
Band Member
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile
« Reply #838 on: June 29, 2009, 05:30:48 PM »

The force is strong in this one  Wink
Sarah
Mods
Shark

Bisley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #839 on: June 29, 2009, 07:13:05 PM »

Yes, 18 years old with all the documentation to proove it.  Wink  I tend to be quite romantic with my descriptions of images and such. I then use those images to create music.  Smiley

Oh my, someone on here younger than me?! Wink Tongue

xx

Kick Cancer's Ass - May 23rd 2010 Race for Life

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/bisley
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 1282
Print
Jump to: