Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 1282
Print
Author Topic: What made you smile?  (Read 2296984 times)
RobH
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #915 on: July 05, 2009, 07:25:48 PM »

It is very cheap - much, much cheaper that the HoP one that I made last year.  And Mr Prog is in colour.  You can't really go too far wrong for that price, unless if the material is very thin (mind boggling at the moment).

I think that it looks great - the right size.  In terms of background colour, I'm happy with anything except black.  Why do bands insist on black?  Rob told me that they made a decision not to have black for Curious Things.  But it is rare.

Ash
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile
« Reply #916 on: July 05, 2009, 07:37:09 PM »

Are you sure there aren't any copyright issues? I'd hate to think of Pink Floyd AND the Mr. Men sueing (sp) you Ashleaze Kiss Grin

yeah I wondered that too

I think Roger Hargreaves son is a bit of a stickler for that sort of thing but saying that if Mouse made it on a Mr Men maker site..??  I'm more concerned about the DSotM.  The site is full of designs you see at Burton, Next n Top Shop.  Maybe it is a bit dangerous.

Sarah xxx<br /><br />\\\"Quick - where are the iron-on sausages?\\\"
Nellie
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #917 on: July 05, 2009, 08:19:24 PM »

Are you sure there aren't any copyright issues? I'd hate to think of Pink Floyd AND the Mr. Men sueing (sp) you Ashleaze Kiss Grin

yeah I wondered that too

I think Roger Hargreaves son is a bit of a stickler for that sort of thing but saying that if Mouse made it on a Mr Men maker site..??  I'm more concerned about the DSotM.  The site is full of designs you see at Burton, Next n Top Shop.  Maybe it is a bit dangerous.
I can assure you that I have only distributed 3 transfers of Mr. Prog. Lips sealed

Mouse
Neptune

Musical Rodent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #918 on: July 05, 2009, 08:46:29 PM »

It'd be alright if they weren't distributed to make a business out of them, wouldn't it?

Just had a thought (gasp!) - was there a similar problem with the Frost* T-shirt with Tony the Tiger on it?

'Horses never forget. That's why they're called "nature's elephants".'

http://mouseholemusic.blogspot.com/
http://soundcloud.com/themousehole
Sarah
Mods
Shark

Bisley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #919 on: July 05, 2009, 09:28:38 PM »

What made me smile today was waking up to this on my chest staring right at me.

Cheesy

xx

Kick Cancer's Ass - May 23rd 2010 Race for Life

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/bisley
Simon
Tosser
Band Member
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #920 on: July 05, 2009, 09:49:14 PM »

Cats; they make themselves at home anywhere don't they?  Cheesy

We're not dead yet!
RobH
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #921 on: July 05, 2009, 09:50:55 PM »

It'd be alright if they weren't distributed to make a business out of them, wouldn't it?

Just had a thought (gasp!) - was there a similar problem with the Frost* T-shirt with Tony the Tiger on it?
We don't have to do anything in a hurry.  I can't believe that David Gilmour will be wanting to take action on a handful of t-shirts.  And I think that this symbol would be hard to copyright - it's a pretty standard physics experiment.

The Mr Men symbol is a style thing - I don't suppose that Roger Hargreaves has a Mr Prog, and as long it is different to the published ones, I think we're OK.

We're a lot safer than the Frostie* Tony design, that's for sure.

Do I recall seeing somewhere that James is a lawyer?  We could ask him.

Pedro
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile
« Reply #922 on: July 05, 2009, 11:09:33 PM »

What made me smile today was waking up to this on my chest staring right at me.

Cheesy

xx
Bet you freaked when you saw the camera crew....

Jim
Band Member
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile
« Reply #923 on: July 06, 2009, 08:41:37 AM »

We don't have to do anything in a hurry.  I can't believe that David Gilmour will be wanting to take action on a handful of t-shirts.  And I think that this symbol would be hard to copyright - it's a pretty standard physics experiment.

The Mr Men symbol is a style thing - I don't suppose that Roger Hargreaves has a Mr Prog, and as long it is different to the published ones, I think we're OK.

We're a lot safer than the Frostie* Tony design, that's for sure.

Do I recall seeing somewhere that James is a lawyer?  We could ask him.

In an bizarre twist of co-incidence, Simon, Paul, Nellie and myself all went to School with Roger Hargreaves' sons (or was it Grandsons?). I believe one of them, Thomas, was in Nellie's year. They lived down the road from me in East Sheen and only about 5 doors from our mate Rupert Toncic.
hoboslobo
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #924 on: July 06, 2009, 05:21:59 PM »

I subscribe to the A.Word.A.Day service.

Todays word is Defenestrate.

"Apparently Neil Armstrong used to tell unfunny jokes about the Moon and follow them up with "Ah, I guess you had to be there."
Ash
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile
« Reply #925 on: July 06, 2009, 08:14:05 PM »

In an bizarre twist of co-incidence, Simon, Paul, Nellie and myself all went to School with Roger Hargreaves' sons (or was it Grandsons?). I believe one of them, Thomas, was in Nellie's year. They lived down the road from me in East Sheen and only about 5 doors from our mate Rupert Toncic.

cool claim to fame  Grin  Toncic?

Sarah xxx<br /><br />\\\"Quick - where are the iron-on sausages?\\\"
Mouse
Neptune

Musical Rodent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #926 on: July 06, 2009, 09:25:13 PM »

We found the best pub jukebox in the world today! I managed to single handedly piss off the whole pub by playing:

Genesis - I Know What I Like
King Crimson - The Court Of The Crimson King
Marillion - Dry Land
Marillion - Garden Party
Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells (Part 1) (My mate's choice - it made me proud  Smiley )
Pink Floyd - High Hopes
Rush - New World Man

We had to make a swift exit shortly afterwards.  Cheesy  The machine even had ELP, Focus and Can!

Simon
Tosser
Band Member
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #927 on: July 06, 2009, 11:53:54 PM »

A man after my own heart!

We're not dead yet!
RobH
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #928 on: July 07, 2009, 07:18:53 AM »

We found the best pub jukebox in the world today! I managed to single handedly piss off the whole pub by playing:

Genesis - I Know What I Like
King Crimson - The Court Of The Crimson King
Marillion - Dry Land
Marillion - Garden Party
Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells (Part 1) (My mate's choice - it made me proud  Smiley )
Pink Floyd - High Hopes
Rush - New World Man

We had to make a swift exit shortly afterwards.  Cheesy  The machine even had ELP, Focus and Can!

Where is this temple of good music?

Mouse
Neptune

Musical Rodent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #929 on: July 07, 2009, 01:31:39 PM »

It's The King's Head pub, which is in a small town called Guisborough. The town's near Saltburn, Redcar, a bit near Middlesbrough but preferrably nearer to Whitby. I think if I go in there again I'll be killed to death by the staff and locals, because I'll be putting on Squonk and Fanfare For The Common ManGrin

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 1282
Print
Jump to: