Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 1282
Print
Author Topic: What made you smile?  (Read 2003402 times)
Nellie
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1245 on: October 06, 2009, 09:23:22 PM »

I have fully working central heating AND hot water AND windows.

Windows is never fully working. Install linux ... ah you mean physical windows ...
You so funny!

hoboslobo
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1246 on: October 06, 2009, 10:36:34 PM »

Supplies

"Apparently Neil Armstrong used to tell unfunny jokes about the Moon and follow them up with "Ah, I guess you had to be there."
Briefly Icky Giantess
Ruler of the Seven Seas

Truly, madly, progly

View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: October 07, 2009, 07:41:23 AM »

I'm now suppliesed!

I used to have a bigger sig but Robert kept moaning about it so I have been reduced to this now. Sad
A James
Santa's Little Spambot
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1248 on: October 07, 2009, 10:57:23 AM »

3 people coming in late to the gig last night, clearly just coming in off the street trying to find somewhere to extend their evening, and proceeding to dance to some instrumental rythmically challenging prog from Upsilon Acrux - the Moog player seemed suitably impressed.

Simon
Tosser
Band Member
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1249 on: October 07, 2009, 12:14:58 PM »

Brave fellows!

We're not dead yet!
AmazingWilf
Neptune

Bad Elephant Music - you know it makes sense.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1250 on: October 07, 2009, 01:14:41 PM »

3 people coming in late to the gig last night, clearly just coming in off the street trying to find somewhere to extend their evening, and proceeding to dance to some instrumental rythmically challenging prog from Upsilon Acrux - the Moog player seemed suitably impressed.

I think it was The Roxy in Stoke-on-Trent where about half-a-dozen people tried to dance to Twice Bitten. I almost swallowed my own tongue.

David 'Wilf' Elliott
Listen to
The European Perspective...the only progressive rock radio show made with the goodness of analogue cheese
A James
Santa's Little Spambot
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1251 on: October 07, 2009, 01:37:18 PM »

Twit Bison always make me smile  Grin

todders
« Reply #1252 on: October 07, 2009, 01:57:14 PM »

reminds me the excellent band Great White "Once Bitten twice shy"

AmazingWilf
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1253 on: October 07, 2009, 02:16:43 PM »

Twit Bison always make me smile  Grin

See, here's the plan. Rog Patterson is constantly banging on about recording a CD, perhaps remixing and remastering some of the stuff from the tapes, maybe even finally recording a full version of 'Crocus Point'. Now, what I'm minded to do is turn up on his doorstep (and I know where he lives - AND where his children are!) with a laptop and some microphones and say "just f***iing DO it!". Then take it to Greg's house and repeat the process.

I think a campaign should be instigated to get them back into the public arena. You'd think the idle buggers had actually been DOING something for the last twenty-odd years!

David 'Wilf' Elliott
Listen to
The European Perspective...the only progressive rock radio show made with the goodness of analogue cheese
Paul
Band Member
Shark

Yep, that's me alright.

View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: October 07, 2009, 03:01:00 PM »

Jim and Rog Patterson at the Marquee some time ago!

I could just do with a bacon butty right now.
A James
Santa's Little Spambot
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1255 on: October 07, 2009, 03:02:22 PM »

They did turn up with Haze at The Peel last year, although as I recall there was NO new material.  Even Haze had managed 1 new song in the intervening 10 years...

I honestly expected them to turn up (even uninvited) with Haze for Mattfest in August.  For me, they will always be a 'part' of a Haze gig.

They need to put together a MySpace page as well.  But get something/anything on cd first - my tapes are pretty worn out by now !!!

And that is a brilliant pic  Shocked

AmazingWilf
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1256 on: October 07, 2009, 03:41:50 PM »

They did turn up with Haze at The Peel last year, although as I recall there was NO new material.  Even Haze had managed 1 new song in the intervening 10 years...

They've done three gigs since they officially threw in the towel in 1985 - the support slots for Haze at the Peel and the Boardwalk last year and their 21st Anniversary of breaking up in 1986 in Nottingham (where I was the support act - how's that for fame, being the perennial support act's support act?).

Rog did have a sporadic solo career before going off to road manage the likes of Rage In The Machine - he actually made a proper vinyl album called 'Flightless', which is rather good. Nowadays he runs a carnet service for bands going to Europe, as well as a couple of other businesses. Greg is a biggish cheese in the Forestry Commission, I believe.

Happy days - I met my wife through her being a Twice Bitten fan, and through me being their guitar tech (this was largely because I was the only person Rog knew who had a left-handed 12-string). So in a sense, my son owes his very existence to two ex-philosophy students with a fetish about multi-stringed instruments and some absolutely amazing tunes. I still rate Rog as one of the best songwriters of that generation, despite his occasional tendency to over-intellectualize.

Twice Bitten do have a web site - http://soundslikethis.com/ - but it's not been updated since last year.

I did tech for Haze for a short while after TB, a very different experience. It was a very strange feeling seeing them play at Mattfest - it had been twenty years, literally - but I agree with the reviewer in Classic Rock Presents Prog, I thought they took everyone else out.

David 'Wilf' Elliott
Listen to
A James
Santa's Little Spambot
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1257 on: October 07, 2009, 04:09:34 PM »

Might as well use my 500th post to plug...me  Grin

Have you read this infinitely more positive review of Mattfest - you'll find no talk of 'average' or being short-changed or embarrassing versions of Rush classics here.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=426433462&blogId=509975395

Briefly Icky Giantess
Ruler of the Seven Seas

Truly, madly, progly

View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: October 07, 2009, 05:22:00 PM »

Congratulations on your newly acquired sharkitude!

I used to have a bigger sig but Robert kept moaning about it so I have been reduced to this now. Sad
Nellie
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1259 on: October 07, 2009, 05:38:43 PM »

Mighty grats, James! I'm blowing you a very un- British kiss. Kiss

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 1282
Print
Jump to: