Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 1282
Print
Author Topic: What made you smile?  (Read 2021329 times)
hoboslobo
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2008, 10:44:20 PM »

Very good  Wink  Good luck with the theory.  In my day it was a couple of questions after the practical.  I have had a go on those practise DVD's when my husband was pretending he was going to learn to drive and I didn't know half of the questions.  Or at least I answered as I would in real life not in theory.

I learnt how to drive on Jersey.

Q: What is the top speed limit?
A: 40 mph

Q: And on dual carriage ways?
A: There are none.

"Apparently Neil Armstrong used to tell unfunny jokes about the Moon and follow them up with "Ah, I guess you had to be there."
hoboslobo
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2008, 10:49:29 PM »

Watching myself playing football.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPP9kW71_N8

01:50

I was not allowed to play with my glasses.

That is my story ...

And I am sticking to it ...  Cry

"Apparently Neil Armstrong used to tell unfunny jokes about the Moon and follow them up with "Ah, I guess you had to be there."
Tomnotthatone
Sardine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2008, 12:04:15 PM »

The goings on at 3:57 made me think of a scene in "Fargo"...

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol is a major factor in dancing like a retard.
Sarah
Mods
Shark

Bisley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2008, 03:42:04 PM »

I've booked my theory test for the 6th of June. 2 weeks! YAY! I'll be enjoying the bank holiday tomorrow at a museum, and then after that it's *ahem* time to get some real work done Wink

(see what I did there?Cheesy)

Sarah xx

Very good  Wink  Good luck with the theory.  In my day it was a couple of questions after the practical.  I have had a go on those practise DVD's when my husband was pretending he was going to learn to drive and I didn't know half of the questions.  Or at least I answered as I would in real life not in theory.

It's now 50 multiple choice questions and then hazard perception I think. And you have to pass it before you can sit the practical. EEK!

Sarah xx

Kick Cancer's Ass - May 23rd 2010 Race for Life

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/bisley
Paul
Band Member
Shark

Yep, that's me alright.

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2008, 04:05:57 PM »

It's now 50 multiple choice questions and then hazard perception I think. And you have to pass it before you can sit the practical. EEK!

Sarah xx

Yikes!! I'm glad I took my test back in 198whenever, when all you had to do was avoid an old lady in the road and tell the instructor what a no entry sign meant.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 06:06:30 PM by sarah » Logged

I could just do with a bacon butty right now.
Sarah
Mods
Shark

Bisley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2008, 06:08:11 PM »

Sarah xx

Yikes!! I'm glad I took my test back in 198whenever, when all you had to do was avoid an old lady in the road and tell the instructor what a no entry sign meant.

I know. I'm beginning to wish I took my test when I turned 17 like most people do, as they increased the amount of questions from about 30 to 50 recently.  Oops!

Sarag xx

RobH
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2008, 06:29:40 PM »

I lived in the US for 4 years.  Because I was staying there, I had to get a US license & a car (of course!).  So, I got this new car - manual, naturally - with the steering wheel and gear stick on the wrong side.  And went down to take my test. 

I had already passed the TEN multiple choice randomly selected question theory test.  Even though the questions were different for everyone in the room, I did get the impression that some people were trying to copy.  I can't think why - the questions were somewhat simple - what do you do if you miss your turning on the freeway?  a) Reverse.  b) Turn round....

So, I'm at the test station with a new car which I had been driving for 24 hours, with the steering wheel on the wrong side, pretty nervous.  And in comes the examiner - complete with holstered pistol. Shocked

Now, I'm no longer nervous; but petrified.  I mean, what happens if you don't pass - do they shoot you?

The test lasted no more than 15 minutes.  I recall, I made three or four driving errors.  But this was obviously accepable in Boston because I passed.

So good luck with your test.  And remember, because this is the UK, the instructor won't be carrying a gun.  And the worst that can happen is that you have to take the test again (but I'm sure that you'll pass).

Nellie
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2008, 06:33:06 PM »

My instructor (a million years ago) told me to think of the examiner naked. Works every time! Good luck chuck Shocked

Nellie
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: May 27, 2008, 08:10:14 PM »

Also, Hooooorah! I've booked the venue for my 21st birthday party, yippeekayay, talk to Paul about this.

Uncle Bulgaria
Neptune

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 28, 2008, 07:54:53 AM »

My instructor (a million years ago) told me to think of the examiner naked. Works every time! Good luck chuck Shocked

Hopefully not while you're driving - you'd crash into a tree.

There's things I haven't told you - I go out late at night

https://attitudebadger.wordpress.com/
LizSara
« Reply #100 on: May 28, 2008, 09:49:38 AM »

You'll be fine Sarah, if Alun can pass the theory test...
Sarah
Mods
Shark

Bisley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: May 28, 2008, 11:56:50 AM »

You'll be fine Sarah, if Alun can pass the theory test...

That makes me feel much better.... Cheesy

Sarah xx

Sarah
Mods
Shark

Bisley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: June 01, 2008, 12:07:37 PM »

New piercings and barbeque for dinner last night, and another one tonight. WIN!

Sarah xx

Soundscape DJ
Sardine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: June 01, 2008, 12:56:10 PM »

New job starts on Monday  Yay!!!  After almost 8 weeks out of work, I was going quite mad.  Also, hanging out with friends and playing Wii Fit, and learning that yes indeed, I am out of shape (ok perhaps I did not smile about that, but it was no surprise since I had trouble lifting the tv remote the other day  Smiley.

Cheers,
Woody

Between the Silence and the Noise
LizSara
« Reply #104 on: June 01, 2008, 02:05:23 PM »

New piercings and barbeque for dinner last night

most people tend not to eat their piercings, especially not barbecued. What'dya get?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 1282
Print
Jump to: