Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 1282
Print
Author Topic: What made you smile?  (Read 1938088 times)
Mouse
Neptune

Musical Rodent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2025 on: March 14, 2010, 04:55:31 PM »

Having quite a good day today. The bursary's gone in the bank, so I went and bought the new Hendrix release, Valleys Of Neptune. A leaflet in the packagine says "Get the latest Jimi Hendrix news", which made me chuckle. 14th March 2010: Still dead...  Cheesy

'Horses never forget. That's why they're called "nature's elephants".'

http://mouseholemusic.blogspot.com/
http://soundcloud.com/themousehole
Briefly Icky Giantess
Ruler of the Seven Seas

Truly, madly, progly

View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: March 14, 2010, 09:09:24 PM »

The robotics team I coach picked up a "Highly Commended" award in the Intermediate age group Engineering/Technology section of the National Science and Engineering Competition! Go TechnoBotts! Next stop Singapore...

I used to have a bigger sig but Robert kept moaning about it so I have been reduced to this now. Sad
Ash
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: March 14, 2010, 10:26:02 PM »

In this morning's "embarass your child" moment, I shall add that Huw absolutely loved them. Particularly Jake (far right), in his 'Dotman' persona.

My Steve was the same!  Used to run around the house shouting "dot man to the rescue!" but more often than not he just would say he was "rescueman!"  Grin

And Give yourself a flaming shiny is annoying but thankfully K never liked it, it isn't as bad as Bits n Bobs, that is really annoying and thankfully K has never watched much of that either.

Sarah xxx<br /><br />\\\"Quick - where are the iron-on sausages?\\\"
Ash
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: March 14, 2010, 10:31:39 PM »

I've got tickets to go see Stewart Lee live tonight.

I went to see him recently.  It was good.  Glad he has been given a second series.

I smiled on Friday because I bought myself a new camera as the old one had broken.  I smiled on Friday evening, Saturday and most of Sunday.  Cheesy 

Sarah xxx<br /><br />\\\"Quick - where are the iron-on sausages?\\\"
Mouse
Neptune

Musical Rodent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2029 on: March 15, 2010, 10:40:44 AM »

I was down the pub with a mate last night. I got a text message from another mate who was doing a pub quiz. The message said something like: "Pink Floyd song several species of small need rest". I had a good chuckle about the fact that 1. all those years of ranting on about the Floyd to friends have paid off and 2. that such a song would ever feature in a pub quiz. Made my day it did.  Cheesy Grin

'Horses never forget. That's why they're called "nature's elephants".'

http://mouseholemusic.blogspot.com/
http://soundcloud.com/themousehole
Robert
Chief Audience Frightener
Administrator
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2030 on: March 15, 2010, 11:21:47 AM »

I guess that beats me being the only one in our pub quiz team to recognise a Captain and Tennille song Cheesy

"I'm just an angry wig on a stick." - Thea
Uncle Bulgaria
Neptune

View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: March 15, 2010, 11:46:04 AM »

Mme Cholet and I won second prize in a pub quiz in Arundel as it happened to be going on when we were having a very nice dinner in the Inn in which we were staying.

We won on a tie-break - A gruess about the length of the world's longest recorded snake (can't remember the answer).

Won 5 at the bar, so Mme Cholet had a Baileys and I though I'd pay the rest for a Hennesy XO (which should be well over a fiver or so on its own, the bottle being about 100)

Total bill came to 4.90 - Cashback!!

There's things I haven't told you - I go out late at night

https://attitudebadger.wordpress.com/
A James
Santa's Little Spambot
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2032 on: March 15, 2010, 11:56:36 AM »

...and glares from the locals for coming in and winning their money  Grin

Jim
Band Member
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: March 15, 2010, 12:28:05 PM »

The Marillion crew won a pub quiz at an Irish pub in Bordeaux on the Happiness is the Road Tour. We'd just gone in there for a pint of Guiness and a game of pool after having had a meal on our night off and thought we'd do the pub quiz for a laugh. We basically won it on the picture quiz round in which teams were asked to identify various musical instruments. The clincher was a particular kind of Mandolin which Pete Harwood (Guitar tech) identified (beyond the requirements of the quiz master) on the grounds that his Dad was a luthier who made Mandolins for Ritchie Blackmore! We also identified a 1959 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop re-issue (not just a guitar), a Flugelhorn and knew the difference between a Glockenspiel and a Xylophone (challenged and upheld by the quizmaster).

The locals looked very upset!  Grin

We won t-shirts.
A James
Santa's Little Spambot
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2034 on: March 15, 2010, 12:36:32 PM »

I can recognise a flugelhorn and now know the difference between a glockenspiel and a xylophone, all thanks to Spandex Ballet.

A friend of mine runs a pub and a few years ago they cancelled all further pub quizes after a riot.  The question was, what are the last 3 words in the Green Giant advert.  So, in the style of A Question Of Sport, what happened next ?

AmazingWilf
Neptune

Bad Elephant Music - you know it makes sense.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2035 on: March 15, 2010, 12:37:34 PM »

We won t-shirts.
Marillion T-shirts?

David 'Wilf' Elliott
Listen to
The European Perspective...the only progressive rock radio show made with the goodness of analogue cheese
AmazingWilf
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2036 on: March 15, 2010, 12:54:05 PM »

The Daily Mail-o-matic

Splendid fun.

David 'Wilf' Elliott
Listen to
The European Perspective...the only progressive rock radio show made with the goodness of analogue cheese
Uncle Bulgaria
Neptune

View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: March 15, 2010, 12:59:09 PM »

That's excellent Wilf

My fave so far

Will the Internet turn your mortgage gay?

There's things I haven't told you - I go out late at night

https://attitudebadger.wordpress.com/
AmazingWilf
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2038 on: March 15, 2010, 01:02:46 PM »

I liked...

Is Facebook Giving Britain's Farmers Cancer?
Is The E.U. Having Sex With Your Pets?
Has Feminism Scrounged Off Britain's Swans?

Splendid Smiley

David 'Wilf' Elliott
Listen to
AmazingWilf
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2039 on: March 15, 2010, 01:15:29 PM »

Mr. Bulgaria, your pig avatar is making me smile a great deal Smiley

David 'Wilf' Elliott
Listen to
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 1282
Print
Jump to: