Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 1282
Print
Author Topic: What made you smile?  (Read 1942722 times)
Ash
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: November 21, 2008, 10:47:00 PM »

I have heard bits before and seen some live so it wasn't totally new - however, today being the first time hearing it all in one go, it seems dare I say it - samey.   Embarrassed   Played husband Saline and Toys and he liked them.  He didn't like Milliontown at all.  I thought the experiment in mass appeal had worked.  Then after hearing another one he said it was samey.  I expect I will love it after a few plays.  Tinyfish took a few plays too...  The instrumental for Wonderland is very funny and of course you can just about see me in the London gig on the DVD.   Grin

Sorry - from the trash comment I guess that wasn't the answer you were looking for  Wink

Sarah xxx<br /><br />\\\"Quick - where are the iron-on sausages?\\\"
Nellie
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: November 21, 2008, 11:10:43 PM »

No I was only joking. It should be good after all the fuss. I wonder how Jem would feel about samey?Oops Smiley

Ash
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 22, 2008, 08:50:39 AM »

I hope not too horrified as I posted something similar in Frostieland too - well everyone was saying how brilliant it was and I like to stir up trouble.   Tongue  I still have the arse from not getting it on release day.

Nellie
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: November 22, 2008, 10:28:18 AM »

Someone has to put a pin in his, by now, enormously over inflated head Shocked

Ash
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 22, 2008, 09:27:21 PM »

I have established today what the problem is and it isn't him, not giving it away  Lips sealed I prefer the instrumentals

Nellie
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #275 on: November 22, 2008, 10:42:10 PM »

Prolly better have a listen to it! Sounds like trouble in Frostieland Undecided
I do love Jem really BTW Kiss
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 08:51:29 AM by nellie » Logged

Ash
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 23, 2008, 09:19:59 AM »

Never mind that - what made me smile today is being able to browse the tinterweb in bed and hubby making me breakfast in bed!!   Grin

I know that I will have to pay somehow today....

Nellie
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: November 23, 2008, 08:59:57 PM »

You are a very lucky lady BUT you will have to pay. There's no such thing as a free lie-in! Cry

Ash
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 23, 2008, 11:22:40 PM »

Back to the Nellie and Ashleaze thread

Sounds like trouble in Frostieland Undecided

It's horrible, people moaning about lack of CD's (I did it here not there and hopefully in a jokey fashion), people moaning about CRS, Andy going , its poo.  And I am sure the majority of the moaners only signed up just before release so they could get signed goodies and now they haven't got them...??  Maybe I'm too suspicious. 

Anyway, Jem seems a touched saddened and bemused by it all and I think you all need to give him a big hug.

Nellie
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: November 24, 2008, 01:37:22 PM »

I signed up to the Frostie forum last night to do just that. Just waiting to be activated. It's probably a bit of an anticlimax for all involved. Embarrassed

Nellie
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #280 on: November 24, 2008, 04:02:18 PM »

Eating lots of Paul's raspberry jam, belgian chocolate jaffa cake type biscuits while he was at rehearsal!!!!Haha Grin

Paul
Band Member
Shark

Yep, that's me alright.

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 24, 2008, 04:18:34 PM »

Did you notice they are well past their use by date?!!! I hope you are sick. Wink

I could just do with a bacon butty right now.
Robert
Chief Audience Frightener
Administrator
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #282 on: November 24, 2008, 04:38:59 PM »

I can cheer up both Simon and Jem by relating that some manager at work, name of Agnes Gilles, was just now referred to by my manager (without prompting) as "Phyllis Dillis Willis"

"I'm just an angry wig on a stick." - Thea
Nellie
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: November 24, 2008, 06:48:55 PM »

Did you notice they are well past their use by date?!!! I hope you are sick. Wink
Did your wonderful wife mention to you about 21st and that I would "look after" your kit until I next see you? Not so funny now eh?eh? C'mon, pudem up! Wink

Simon
Tosser
Band Member
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: November 25, 2008, 09:37:33 AM »

Back to the Nellie and Ashleaze thread

Sounds like trouble in Frostieland Undecided

It's horrible, people moaning about lack of CD's (I did it here not there and hopefully in a jokey fashion), people moaning about CRS, Andy going , its poo.  And I am sure the majority of the moaners only signed up just before release so they could get signed goodies and now they haven't got them...??  Maybe I'm too suspicious. 

Anyway, Jem seems a touched saddened and bemused by it all and I think you all need to give him a big hug.

'We'll give 'em two songs and then we're off down t'Weatherspoons!'
(A comment about Pain Of Salvation, overheard at Summer's End 2007)

This always seems to be the problem once your popularity increases, but naturally you have to open the door wide to let everyone in. I'm sure there are many more people who know and understand the problems invoved in getting a record out than there are people who just stick out their hand and say 'gimmie, gimme'. It just seems the 'gimmie' crowd are more vocal.

Jem has said before that world domination has never been his goal, he just wants to play some music that makes him smile. Those that get it will smile with him and those that don't will simply grumble for a bit and then wander off back to the Dream Theater fourms.  Wink

« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 09:42:31 AM by Simon » Logged

We're not dead yet!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 1282
Print
Jump to: