Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 1282
Print
Author Topic: What made you smile?  (Read 2021372 times)
Sarah
Mods
Shark

Bisley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #540 on: April 02, 2009, 08:28:25 PM »

Yay indeed! It is indeed a full time and, assuming all goes well, permenant job! My feet hurt, I'm tired and it takes ages to get there and back but I am LOVING it so much! woooo!

xx

Kick Cancer's Ass - May 23rd 2010 Race for Life

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/bisley
A James
Santa's Little Spambot
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #541 on: April 03, 2009, 03:48:24 PM »

Have you ever heard of Lady Gaga ?  Apparently she has hit singles.

I saw she one of the celebrity featured blogs on MySpace, and as I have a loathing for them, I have taken to replying to them - hers was about having to cancel gigs because she was so tired after appearing on American Idol.  So I left a comment saying, if it means you have to cancel gigs, you should appear on American Idol more often.

I have now had a message through from one of her fans thanking me for showing her support.

So, in summary, the intelligence level of the youth of today made me smile  Wink

Robert
Chief Audience Frightener
Administrator
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #542 on: April 03, 2009, 04:21:46 PM »

Like the guy who said "You have Van Gogh's ear for music!" and received the reply "Gee, thanks!"

"I'm just an angry wig on a stick." - Thea
Simon
Tosser
Band Member
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #543 on: April 03, 2009, 10:38:41 PM »

I saw she one of the celebrity featured blogs on MySpace, and as I have a loathing for them, I have taken to replying to them - hers was about having to cancel gigs because she was so tired after appearing on American Idol.  So I left a comment saying, if it means you have to cancel gigs, you should appear on American Idol more often.

I have now had a message through from one of her fans thanking me for showing her support.

So, in summary, the intelligence level of the youth of today made me smile  Wink

You are my personal hero.  Grin

We're not dead yet!
Jim
Band Member
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 04, 2009, 12:28:35 PM »

Quiet please... genius at work  Cheesy
RobH
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #545 on: April 08, 2009, 06:39:22 PM »

Extreme sheepherding  Huh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqANtViviME

Simon
Tosser
Band Member
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #546 on: April 08, 2009, 07:04:18 PM »

Well know I have seen everything...

...until next week I guess.

We're not dead yet!
Uncle Bulgaria
Neptune

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 09, 2009, 03:25:38 PM »

What made me smile was walking dogs along a beach, bottlefeeding a baby goat, looking after my niece as an excuse to go on a giant climbing frame and bumpy slide.

And not being around the shallow end of the gene pool wandering around like zombies only marginally less animated - that was my trip to get supplies so I don't have to face them again all weekend.

What will make me smile is:

Going to see an ice show

Going to see Royksopp at the Festival Hall on Saurday.

There's things I haven't told you - I go out late at night

https://attitudebadger.wordpress.com/
Simon
Tosser
Band Member
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #548 on: April 09, 2009, 03:27:44 PM »

*presses the 'You Bastard' button with jealous vigour*

We're not dead yet!
A James
Santa's Little Spambot
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #549 on: April 09, 2009, 04:28:48 PM »

I am hoping that my mate will make me smile...seeing as how he is on the bill of a stand-up comedy night I am going to this evening.

Also featuring Al Rudge, the 'support act' to Frost* from their Christmas gig at The Peel, as the main act - so I am certainly looking forward to seeing him again.

Sarah
Mods
Shark

Bisley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #550 on: April 11, 2009, 04:55:58 PM »

Out and about in the sunshine, looking for a first guitar and lots and lots of tea.

xx

Kick Cancer's Ass - May 23rd 2010 Race for Life

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/bisley
hoboslobo
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #551 on: April 11, 2009, 05:23:45 PM »

Yeah, Norway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0M-l6EkjJg
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 08:49:10 PM by hoboslobo » Logged

"Apparently Neil Armstrong used to tell unfunny jokes about the Moon and follow them up with "Ah, I guess you had to be there."
Simon
Tosser
Band Member
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #552 on: April 11, 2009, 09:14:42 PM »

Superb. I like they way they are both happily (but very subtly) tapping their feet.

We're not dead yet!
wickedwitch
Salmon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #553 on: April 12, 2009, 01:08:02 PM »

at the moment lint cointreau chocolate. yum. my girls make me mad but also make me happy. thrashing my husband at carcassonne last night (well i beat him by 6 points !) made me happy. Knowing i am going away with my family for 5 days in dorset tomorrow, even if it pisses down with rain, makes me happy.

tinyfish - they have the fanbase on speed dial
Wilcey
Salmon

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 12, 2009, 03:24:42 PM »

I don't watch this show (Britains Got Talent), but someone sent me a link today and said WATCH THIS.........

Before you watch it, and please watch it ALL, This is an exerpt from the press about Susan Boyle, age 47.......

She told how as a youngster she was ruthlessly mocked by other kids because being starved of oxygen at birth left her with learning difficulties.
Her ordeal saw her seek comfort in singing.

Spinster Susan - who has never had a boyfriend - said: "I was born with a disability and that made me a target for bullies. I was called names because of my fuzzy hair and because I struggled in class.

"I told the teachers, but because it was more verbal than physical I could never prove anything. But words often hurt more than cuts and bruises and the scars are still there."

There are many cynics out there, and I suppose from time to time we can all be included in that, I know so many people who poo-poo this kind of show, but if this show ever had any purpose, or credibility, surely this film shows you exactly what that is. I must confess to weeping watching this, it's simply astounding!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

Good Luck Susan! I know I'll be rooting for you!

I was having a blue day, but THIS really made me HAPPY!  Grin

Make My Mum a YouTube Star!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gdmh4WzSDM
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 1282
Print
Jump to: