Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 1282
Print
Author Topic: What made you smile?  (Read 1878225 times)
A James
Santa's Little Spambot
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #630 on: May 05, 2009, 11:04:12 AM »

Best of luck !

Saturday made me smile a lot (and not only with the Blind Ego bassist), which is lucky really because not an awful lot has made me smile since - I hate my job  Angry Roll Eyes Cheesy

Ash
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile
« Reply #631 on: May 05, 2009, 11:26:17 AM »

Good luck Sarah

Sarah xxx<br /><br />\\\"Quick - where are the iron-on sausages?\\\"
Sarah
Mods
Shark

Bisley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #632 on: May 05, 2009, 12:43:20 PM »

Thanks everyone, 45 minutes til they phone and I am bizzarly nervous.

xx

Kick Cancer's Ass - May 23rd 2010 Race for Life

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/bisley
MissPurr
Salmon

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: May 05, 2009, 01:44:39 PM »

Relax and remember you are the best thing in the world to them (and to us of course!)!! xxx
Sarah
Mods
Shark

Bisley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #634 on: May 05, 2009, 01:53:01 PM »

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. Went as well as it could go, managed to bullsh*t my way through a couple of the thougher questions since it's a job I've never done before and know nothing about. Should hear back within 24 hours if I've been succesful to get a face to face interview.

xx

Simon
Tosser
Band Member
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #635 on: May 06, 2009, 11:06:47 AM »

Fingers (and indeed everthing) crossed for you.

We're not dead yet!
Sarah
Mods
Shark

Bisley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #636 on: May 07, 2009, 12:43:13 PM »

They emailed and I didn't get past the telephone interview. Not gutted as it was a pretty pants job.

I do, however have another phone interview with another company, and another one on friday - Woop! Swatting up for them now.

What made me smile today? Babysitting my 4 months old niece for 2 hours, at toddler group and getting to have a gossip and a biscuit while she slept. If my kids are half as cute as her, I'll be happy.

xx

Sarah
Mods
Shark

Bisley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #637 on: May 07, 2009, 01:32:35 PM »

I do, however have another phone interview with another company, and another one on friday - Woop! Swatting up for them now.

Don't wish to jinx things, but I think that went quite well. The woman was really nice and we had a good chat and I felt really relaxed, so fingers and awrat crossed for a callback for a face to face interview! Should here back in the next couple of days.

xx

A James
Santa's Little Spambot
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #638 on: May 07, 2009, 02:22:50 PM »

That sounds very encouraging.  And certainly much better than a telephone interview I once had with a company in the USA (for a job in the UK), where I was left on the line for 45 minutes before someone said 'are you still there ? Sorry, we had finished at our end...'.  And then they dropped someone in from the States to take the job anyway.

Sarah
Mods
Shark

Bisley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #639 on: May 07, 2009, 06:48:22 PM »

That sounds very encouraging.  And certainly much better than a telephone interview I once had with a company in the USA (for a job in the UK), where I was left on the line for 45 minutes before someone said 'are you still there ? Sorry, we had finished at our end...'.  And then they dropped someone in from the States to take the job anyway.

Seriously? That's ridiculous...

xx

Pedro
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 07, 2009, 06:51:51 PM »

Seriously? That's ridiculous...

xx
@James: Strewth, ridiculous indeed.
Are you sure you didn't say "hang on a minute while I make a few notes...?  Smiley

A James
Santa's Little Spambot
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #641 on: May 08, 2009, 09:49:21 AM »

I had been on the line for 3 hours being interviewed by a succession of people and I think the last person to interview me thought there was another one to come...or maybe they were just waiting for me to type it all up  Shocked

Simon
Tosser
Band Member
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #642 on: May 08, 2009, 09:59:04 AM »

Are you sure you're not applying to go on Big Brother? Crossed lines can still technically happen you know.

We're not dead yet!
Sarah
Mods
Shark

Bisley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #643 on: May 08, 2009, 10:18:48 AM »

Blinkin' 'eck James. I would've given them a piece of my mind. But only after they didn't give me the job of course Grin

What made me smile today? Well, no more than 2 minutes ago, I got a letter through the post inviting me for an interview at my old college to restart the course I had to leave. My tummy is doing flips, and I have 11 days to prepare for it and memorise a monologue. Jeepers!

xx

Robert
Chief Audience Frightener
Administrator
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #644 on: May 08, 2009, 10:22:52 AM »

I suppose "Nell of the Yukon" wouldn't be suitable, would it?

"I'm just an angry wig on a stick." - Thea
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 1282
Print
Jump to: