Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 1282
Print
Author Topic: What made you smile?  (Read 2006361 times)
Briefly Icky Giantess
Ruler of the Seven Seas

Truly, madly, progly

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: June 07, 2009, 06:04:44 PM »

I just noticed that I'm now a salmon! Crikey! That's cheered me up no end.

I used to have a bigger sig but Robert kept moaning about it so I have been reduced to this now. Sad
Ash
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: June 07, 2009, 07:53:36 PM »

Have you heard either way yet?

Sarah xxx<br /><br />\\\"Quick - where are the iron-on sausages?\\\"
Briefly Icky Giantess
Ruler of the Seven Seas

Truly, madly, progly

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: June 07, 2009, 07:57:13 PM »

no  Cry I'll probably know by the end of tomorrow though, and certainly by the end of the week.

I used to have a bigger sig but Robert kept moaning about it so I have been reduced to this now. Sad
Pedro
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: June 07, 2009, 09:52:31 PM »

Probably doesn't apply in this case but I think tomorrow is the last date to give 12 weeks notice for departure at the end of August. About half of the guys (if not all) in our place will prolly get their papers tomorrow because of that fact. Shocked)

Uncle Bulgaria
Neptune

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: June 08, 2009, 03:11:07 PM »

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/08062009/5/carradine-killed-kung-fu-assassins-0.html

Not smiling at his death, but at the notion of secret kung-fu assassins

I know in reality they are murderers just like the Somali pirates aren't Jack Sparrow, but some phrases are just joyful.

There's things I haven't told you - I go out late at night

https://attitudebadger.wordpress.com/
Briefly Icky Giantess
Ruler of the Seven Seas

Truly, madly, progly

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: June 08, 2009, 05:28:42 PM »

Finding out this afternoon that my job is safe - for the time being - unlike those of 9 of my less fortunate colleagues. Work is going to be a bit grim for the next few weeks, but at least I still have a job.

Ash
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: June 08, 2009, 05:56:10 PM »

Good to know Catherine.  Feel for the others tho.

K made me smile - we have one of my developments quite close to our house and usually when we drive past K says that's your work but this morning she said "they had better put a roof on that or the wolf will get in"  Grin

RobH
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #742 on: June 08, 2009, 06:11:50 PM »

I'm relieved for you Catherine.

I'm been made redundant twice myself, and it is not a nice feeling.  I feel for everyone that goes through it.

Jim
Band Member
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: June 08, 2009, 06:13:43 PM »

Good to know Catherine.  Feel for the others tho.

K made me smile - we have one of my developments quite close to our house and usually when we drive past K says that's your work but this morning she said "they had better put a roof on that or the wolf will get in"  Grin

From the mouths of babes, eh?

A few things made me smile to counteract the "Things that made me Blue" -

1. A presentation I gave to a client in San Fransisco this afternoon (via the internet I hasten to add - I did fly to San Fran for the day) seemed to go very well and I got the impression he was pretty impressed with the work I'd managed to crack out in 4 days.

2. Apparently someone wants to have a look at my house this coming weekend.

3. I realised that in 2.5 days I'll be in Sweden for just under a week, spending some quality time with Moni. And for that I am truly grateful. And happy.
Nellie
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #744 on: June 08, 2009, 07:29:28 PM »

Today is a good day.
I have accepted a sensible offer on my house and the vendor of the house I want in Wiltshire has finally accepted my offer. We are good to go!

Ash
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: June 08, 2009, 07:44:05 PM »

yay at Jim and Nellie

Simon
Tosser
Band Member
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #746 on: June 08, 2009, 08:48:59 PM »

I bought a rucksack...

...I'm easily pleased.

We're not dead yet!
Briefly Icky Giantess
Ruler of the Seven Seas

Truly, madly, progly

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: June 08, 2009, 09:40:03 PM »

You are, aren't you!

Pedro
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: June 08, 2009, 10:34:24 PM »

Mitch Benn of "The Now Show" fame etc. was doing some kind of stand-up gig via Twitter this evening.

He posted this lot, which raised a smile for me....

Hello tweeps! (leaves appropriate length pause for imagined response.... that'll do, continues)
As some of you will know, I'm principally a composer and performer of FUNNY SONGS (faint groan of dread resounds around internet);
Normally I never write funny words to old songs;
Ö but today Iím making an exception. The words will appear here and youíll have to sing them to yourselves. Now you DO know this tune
but just to make it more fun Iím not telling you what it is. Shouldnít take you a minute to figure it out.
Everybody ready? Here we go

Is this the real life?/No itís the twitterverse/Life in short bursts of/Just one-forty characters
Stay in your house/And click on your mouse and seeee-/There is no need for actual activityÖ
Because itís easy come, easy go, Follow or Un-follow/Anyway the topics trend, doesnít really matter to me, to me(bong bong bong etc.)
Mama, Iím twittering/And Iím feeling slightly crazed/Been online for six straight days
Mama, life is almost gone/I havenít even got up for a wee
Mama ooo-oo-oo-ooooo,You might want to get some help/If I still havenít moved this time tomorrow/
Twitter on, twitter on, as if nothing really matters(bong bong bong bong BONG bong BONG bongÖ)
Too late, Iíve wet myself/Sends shivers down my legs/Boots are catching all the dregs
Goodbye everybody, Iíve got to go/I can always use my iPhone on the lav
Mama ooo-oooo-oo- (send out for a pi-zza) I donít want to tweet, I sometimes wish Iíd never logged on at allÖ
(Go Brian!)
(Still Brian!)
(here comes the opera section, darlings!) dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum
I see a little grainy twitpic of a man/SCARAMOUCHE SCARAMOUCHE WILL YOU START A NEW HASHTAG #lyricsthathavegota-referencetodoctor-WHO
Gallifrey-o Gallifrey-o Gallifrey-o Gallifrey-o Gallifrey-o and Skar-o PUNTASTIC-OOOO-OOO
Iím just a dull boy no-one re-tweets me HE IS JUST A DULL BOY WITH A SMALL FOLLOWING LETíS BLOCK HIM AND-STAMP ON HIS-BLACKBERRY
I am not on TV, will you follow me? BISMILLAH NO! WE WILL NOT FOLLOW YOU Follow me! BISMILLAH! WE WILL NOT FOLLOW YOU
Follow me! BISMILLAH! WE WILL NOT FOLLOW YOU WILL NOT FOLLOW YOU (follow me!) NEVER NEVER NEVER FOLLOW YOU-OO-OOO NO NO NO NO NO NO
Directmessage directmessage directmessage let me go /And @neilhimself has a devil on a shelf for me, for me, for meeeeÖ(headbang NOW)
NER ner ner ner ne-neddler NER ner ner neddler-ner (etc.)
So you think you can spam me and twit in my eye/So you think you can love me and not @stephenfry
Oh baby - canít do this to me baby, Just gotta log out-just gotta log right outta here (NER ner ner ner ne-neddler etc.)
(take it down, BrianÖ)
No-one really twitters/ Anyone can see/ No-one really twitters, No-one really twitters, to meÖ
(This is where the gong goes....) bonggggggg

Nellie
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #749 on: June 09, 2009, 09:20:35 AM »

That is very funny and you should post it everywhere. Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 1282
Print
Jump to: