Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 765
Print
Author Topic: What Made You Blue? (Mk II)  (Read 860011 times)
Briefly Icky Giantess
Ruler of the Seven Seas

Truly, madly, progly

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 08:38:35 PM »

... as sleep bores the crap out of me.

That'll be what sorted out the tummy ache, then.

I used to have a bigger sig but Robert kept moaning about it so I have been reduced to this now. Sad
Ash
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009, 10:32:28 PM »

Grin at Catherine  Grin

I have been listening to Kino, then Milliontown and finally EIMA.  My EIMA is scratched or something in a couple of places and that made me blue.   Sad  Though if anyone had seen the inside of my car and the CD's all over the place they would know why.

Sarah xxx<br /><br />\\\"Quick - where are the iron-on sausages?\\\"
Simon
Tosser
Band Member
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2009, 11:31:17 AM »

... as sleep bores the crap out of me.

That'll be what sorted out the tummy ache, then.

Nods.  Embarrassed Grin

We're not dead yet!
AmazingWilf
Neptune

Bad Elephant Music - you know it makes sense.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 10:58:21 PM »

Sometimes I hate podcasting.

Most of the time it's fine, you pluck a concept out of the air and the songs that go with it just materialize. This week I'm struggling. I've got a brilliant interview with Mr. So & So - really nice people, and such a good band - which will form the centrepiece of this weekend's offering, and as always I've got my opening and closings sorted, but what to put in between?

It could go one of two ways, short and somehow incomplete, or bloaed beyond belief. Again. Lots of people like the four-hour plus episodes - and with my listener's hat on I can go with that just fine - but it can so easily lose focus.

The European Perspective has its first birthday in a couple of weeks, and I'm reaching a sort of crunch point, I think. There are a dozen or so DJs on The Dividing Line, each with their own paritcular flavour, but I somehow feel a little isolated from the rest. Maybe it's geography - I'm the only UK/European-based one - or maybe it's a different outlook on the music - whatever it is, I feel the need to stretch my wings a bit. I've been considering the possibility of a second show, a different sort of thing altogether, with not just progressive rock in it, but simply loads of stuff that I like. I've even got a name for it - Motorville (sorry, lads Smiley). The concept is that it's a show for songs, rather than the big sprawling epics - think Tinyfish side by side with Joni Mitchell side by side with Richard Thompson side by side with Kate Rusby.

But is that too self-indulgent? Too diverse? Do I really have the time to make two big shows a week?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not ready to throw away The European Perspective, I think that's got a long way to go. But is DLBN the right place for it? Maybe I should hedge my bets, keep the DLBN avenue going as my main distribution channel, but also put the show up elsewhere. Todders and I have been talking about the idea of a 'UK Prog Portal', a kind of supersite for all sorts of content - not just about UK acts, but targeted at UK 'consumers'. The Progboys have really got their site together, in my opinion, it's a model for what a music news site should be - I aspire to the same sort of quality with my podcasts, maybe I'll get there one day!

Anyway, it's all a bit depressing this evening, so I think I'll go to bed. I'll be back to my usual happy self tomorrow, probably.

Night night, folks! Smiley

David 'Wilf' Elliott
Listen to
The European Perspective...the only progressive rock radio show made with the goodness of analogue cheese
Simon
Tosser
Band Member
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2009, 11:42:32 PM »

Awww mate. It sounds as if you have had a lot of heartache over this one. My suggestion is to do both shows for a while, or at least as long as you can stand it (i.e. without resorting to drink and drugs). Then maybe see which one your heart says is the best direction to take.

You know that anything you do will always get a listen here. Smiley

We're not dead yet!
AmazingWilf
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2009, 08:56:38 AM »

Awww mate. It sounds as if you have had a lot of heartache over this one. My suggestion is to do both shows for a while, or at least as long as you can stand it (i.e. without resorting to drink and drugs). Then maybe see which one your heart says is the best direction to take.

You know that anything you do will always get a listen here. Smiley
Thanks Simon Smiley

One of the nicest things about this particular bunch of people is the fact that there's such a collective open mind. It's not all about the capes...

Feeling a lot more postiive this morning, and I think I have a direction for the new episode. Motorhead with Mellotrons, can't be beat!

David 'Wilf' Elliott
Listen to
The European Perspective...the only progressive rock radio show made with the goodness of analogue cheese
Ash
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2009, 08:03:40 PM »

I'm going to change my avatar....

Ash
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2009, 08:24:15 PM »

So making me blue is not being able to work out how to make this my avatar

I just thought we should all be drinking tea.  And for your info, it is just builders tea.  PG.

AmazingWilf
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2009, 08:55:07 PM »

1. Get a copy of Irfanview and install it
2. Load the original image
3. Choose "resample" from the Edit menu
4. Uncheck the "Keep aspect ratio" box (the picture looks squareish, you shouldn't need it)
5. Put in new dimensions of 100x100
6. Do a "Save as", and select to save it as a PNG file
7. Upload it to your profile!

Simples! <makes meerkat noise>

David 'Wilf' Elliott
Listen to
AmazingWilf
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2009, 09:32:31 PM »

Well, just finished recording the next EP episode. Four and a half hours. I'm going to have to start issuing warnings about capped internet connections Smiley

David 'Wilf' Elliott
Listen to
Simon
Tosser
Band Member
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2009, 10:01:34 PM »

Ah but length is everything in prog.

We're not dead yet!
Nellie
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2009, 10:15:24 PM »

I just thought we should all be drinking tea.  And for your info, it is just builders tea.  PG.
Rob will do it for you.

Robert
Chief Audience Frightener
Administrator
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2009, 12:55:02 AM »

Rosanne Kobarr!

"I'm just an angry wig on a stick." - Thea
RobH
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2009, 07:46:09 AM »

Ah but length is everything in prog.
Do you REALLY think so?  Surely, as with other things in life, it isn't so much how long something is, but what you do with it.

I really enjoy listening to the European Perspective.  Even the stuff that I don't like is useful listening as it means that I won't buy their CDs.

AmazingWilf
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2009, 08:52:05 AM »

I really enjoy listening to the European Perspective.  Even the stuff that I don't like is useful listening as it means that I won't buy their CDs.
I can feel a new promo coming on...

"The European Perspective - we play the music that you hate...so you don't have to buy it!"

Cheesy

David 'Wilf' Elliott
Listen to
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 765
Print
Jump to: