Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Panic Room - Satelitte  (Read 1219 times)
RobH
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« on: December 01, 2009, 09:07:47 PM »

I have been looking forward to this for a while now.  It finally arrived today.

The new album, Satellite, is, in my view, a step up from the first album, which was, in turn one of my favourites fropm 2008.  I've seen Panic Room three times this year and they have presented most of the new material.  So, some of the music is familar.  The package comes with two CDs - the main Satellite disk plus a limited edition extra CD.  The quality of the songs that did not make the main CD is striking.  For example, Sandstorms didn't make it.  Anyone who was at the Panic Room show in Kingston will remember this one as the one where Dave Kilminster came on and jammed with the band whilst Anne-Marie sat in the corner watching.

Again, each song has its own feeling - one cannot accuse Panic Room of having a strong style.  There are some up tempo songs.  For example, "Freedom to Breathe" with its catchy guitar part, which reminds my in some ways of music from my youth.  And "I am a Cat" with a more jazzy feeling.

Then there are the slower, quieter songs such as "The Fall" & "Muse".  Anne-Marie sings all of these with ease; she has one of the best singing voices around.  Plus there are occasional guitar solos - nothing really long, but just enough to give the album interest without distracting from the songs.

My favourite track is the last one, the title track.  This might be my favourite individual song released in 2009.  A song with wonderful lyrics which builds to a climax.  The album came to an end, and I just wanted to put it back on.

AmazingWilf
Neptune

Bad Elephant Music - you know it makes sense.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 09:53:05 PM »

I have been looking forward to this for a while now.  It finally arrived today.
Mine arrived this morning too, but I don't catch the post before heading for work so it's for the iPod tomorrow morning. Here in time for this weekend's EP, too!

David 'Wilf' Elliott
Listen to
The European Perspective...the only progressive rock radio show made with the goodness of analogue cheese
Mouse
Neptune

Musical Rodent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 11:52:37 PM »

This'll probably be one I add to the post-Christmas/New Year shopping list. Looking forward to hearing it!

'Horses never forget. That's why they're called "nature's elephants".'

http://mouseholemusic.blogspot.com/
http://soundcloud.com/themousehole
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: