Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19
Print
Author Topic: Progeny Festival - Sat 8th May 2010: Tinyfish Acoustic Set  (Read 78191 times)
Simon
Tosser
Band Member
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« on: February 26, 2010, 03:48:08 PM »

Hello boys and girls

Just off the phone with Miles of the CRS and we're now booked to play an acoustic set during the Saturday lunchtime slot (beween 1.00pm and 2.15pm) at this year's Progeny Festival in Leamington Spa. The venue has not yet been named but it'll be a pub very close to the main venue.

We'll post more details as they arrive here at Tinyfish Towers. See you down there!

http://theclassicrocksociety.blogspot.com/2009/11/progeny-3-band-announcement.html
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 02:16:01 PM by nellie » Logged

We're not dead yet!
A James
Santa's Little Spambot
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 03:51:14 PM »

Woo hoo !

I was already going but this makes it even more worthwhile  Grin

Does mean having to take another tshirt with me...

Briefly Icky Giantess
Ruler of the Seven Seas

Truly, madly, progly

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 03:54:56 PM »

Hurrah! I was planning to go to this!

I used to have a bigger sig but Robert kept moaning about it so I have been reduced to this now. Sad
A James
Santa's Little Spambot
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 04:07:09 PM »

I went to MySpace to add you to my Progeny Festival category of friends...but cannot find any categories  Shocked

They had better not have deleted everything  Roll Eyes

RobH
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 04:15:32 PM »

I hope it goes well.  Out of interest - Saturday or Sunday? - not that I can go anyway.

AmazingWilf
Neptune

Bad Elephant Music - you know it makes sense.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 04:28:24 PM »

Oooh, I might even overcome my need to projectile vomit when anywhere near Here And Now to come along for that.

David 'Wilf' Elliott
Listen to
The European Perspective...the only progressive rock radio show made with the goodness of analogue cheese
Robert
Chief Audience Frightener
Administrator
Ruler of the Seven Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 05:00:09 PM »

I hope it goes well.  Out of interest - Saturday or Sunday? - not that I can go anyway.

oh good point. Have edited original post to clarify.

"I'm just an angry wig on a stick." - Thea
Mouse
Neptune

Musical Rodent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 08:37:57 PM »

Leamington Spa? That's relatively near here. I will investigate...  Smiley

'Horses never forget. That's why they're called "nature's elephants".'

http://mouseholemusic.blogspot.com/
http://soundcloud.com/themousehole
Mouse
Neptune

Musical Rodent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 09:46:14 PM »

...Actually, it's nowhere near here. Damnation.

'Horses never forget. That's why they're called "nature's elephants".'

http://mouseholemusic.blogspot.com/
http://soundcloud.com/themousehole
A James
Santa's Little Spambot
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 10:15:25 PM »

LOL I did wonder if you had moved.

I'm down in Stroud the evening before seeing Pendragon, or we could have sorted something  Sad

hoboslobo
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 09:19:32 PM »

It is a shame you are not in the main venue as apparently backstage you can find Tammy Wynette's pink gypsy caravan.

"Apparently Neil Armstrong used to tell unfunny jokes about the Moon and follow them up with "Ah, I guess you had to be there."
Briefly Icky Giantess
Ruler of the Seven Seas

Truly, madly, progly

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 11:27:55 PM »

Is that a euphemism, Bo?   Shocked

I used to have a bigger sig but Robert kept moaning about it so I have been reduced to this now. Sad
A James
Santa's Little Spambot
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 12:18:58 AM »

I saw Lady Penelope's pink Cadillac when I was working for Avid Technology at Pinewood Studios.

Wink

No, I really did.

Jim
Band Member
Siamese Fighting Fish

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2010, 08:25:52 AM »

Is that a euphemism, Bo?   Shocked

No, this is not a euphamism. They really do have a caravan that used to belong to Tammy Wynette backstage at The Assmbly Rooms. They also have a Gatlin gun just inside the backstage door pointing at anyone entering the building that way. The "Green room" also includes 3 very 1950s looking penny arcade rides like you might see outside Superdrug - a car, a boat and a rocket. I took a particularly good photograph of Steve Rothery using his iPhone of him squeezed into the car ride during the L=M tour.

The Assembly rooms in-house staff are cracking chaps too. One of the nicest venues I've ever worked at.
RobH
Neptune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 12:04:50 PM »

From Miles by e-mail:

THE PROGENY FRINGE FESTIVAL

This will consist of 3 very intimate acoustic gigs featuring 4 acts, as follows:

Friday 7th May 7.00-11.00pm
'The 2 J's', better known as John Mitchell and John Beck performing a variety of songs from their illustrious careers with It Bites, Kino and perhaps a few surprises. Plus 'Mini-Magenta', Christina Booth and Chris Fry performing an, as yet, undisclosed selection of songs. What a great night this promises to be!

Saturday 8th May 1.00-2.45pm
'Tinyfish Acoustic' - what better way to set yourself up for the main event than to share music, laughs and a lunchtime pint with the always entertaining London lads.

Sunday 9th May 1.00-2.45pm
'Chris Johnson' - Best known for being a member of Fish's band, Mostly Autumn and now fronting his own project, Parade. A relaxing Sunday lunch in cosy surroundings, sounds perfect.

These shows will all take place in the basement bar of the Robbins Well pub, which is a 5 minute walk from the Assembly and also serves decent, reasonably priced food in the main bar.

Tickets are limited to 100 for each day and will only be available from the CRS Shop at http://www.classicrocksociety.co.uk or by phone on 01327 310088 and will go on sale in the next couple of days, priced as follows:

'The 2 J's' & 'Mini-Magenta' 10
'Tinyfish Acoustic' 5
'Chris Johnson' 5
or
Weekend Ticket 17.50 (15 to CRS members).

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19
Print
Jump to: